Office space in London Biglaw Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jeanshortsjorts

New

Office space in London Biglaw

Post by jeanshortsjorts » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:26 am

Hi folks, could anyone with experience as an associate in London comment on the office arrangement for associates? I’ve really gotten used to having a personal office, which I’m afraid of losing if I pursue some London opportunities. If there aren’t private offices, do firms often have resting areas or things of that sort?

Muchas gracias.

guyonabuffalo

New

Re: Office space in London Biglaw

Post by guyonabuffalo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:28 am

Can only speak for my firm of course but the shared office space isn't so bad. I started in NY and moved relatively shortly over to London. Does take some getting used to but as a junior it can be incredibly helpful to turn to the senior in my office and ask for advice. There are also meeting rooms and a kitchen area with some seats geared towards socializing.

There are definitely some drawbacks, like I can't change in my office and need to have better etiquette than I would in my own office, but all in all I don't view it as the breaking point many make it out to be.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”