Anxiety waiting for response from call back Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Anxiety waiting for response from call back

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:07 am

I just wanted to come on here and vent: I had a call back for my dream job last week, and I have been in constant maddening anxiety ever since waiting for a response from them. I keep telling myself to move on, but can't seem to give up on the hope that maybe today is the day that I will hear. I am a 3L who got no offerered, and this interview I just had could potentially have been my one last chance back to biglaw. It is just hard to grapple with the reality that maybe I won't make it to biglaw after all.

1styearlateral

Silver

Re: Anxiety waiting for response from call back

Post by 1styearlateral » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:27 am

lol @ "dream job." You are either a masochist or naive if your dream job is biglaw.
Last edited by QContinuum on Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Outed for anon abuse.

Silver

Post by 2013 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:46 am

Did you get no-offered based on your quality of work? If so, maybe biglaw isn’t for you even if it is your “dream job.” Don’t want to go somewhere just to get fired quickly

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:47 am

No advice here, just commiseration. I interviewed for my dream government job a few weeks ago and it has been crickets since. It sucks...every time your phone beeps it’s a new reason to freak out.

I keep reminding myself that everything tends to work out in the end, even if it seems completely hopeless now. Keep your chin up.

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:15 pm

2013 wrote:Did you get no-offered based on your quality of work? If so, maybe biglaw isn’t for you even if it is your “dream job.” Don’t want to go somewhere just to get fired quickly
I don't think we can necessarily leap to the conclusion that OP was no-offered for atrocious work quality. The bar for quality is pretty low for SAs. And further, summers performing that badly are generally given a heads-up and a chance to correct course during the summer. Firms that have 100% offer rates have zero incentive to let a low-performing SA hang themselves with their own rope - rather, they have every motivation to push the summer to improve to an acceptable level so they can extend an offer.

To my understanding, far more common for no-offers to be largely a matter of bad luck at firms that routinely no-offer a handful of summers. (Ofc, there are also the rare cases of no-offers due to egregiously bad conduct.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”