Random question about revenue Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Random question about revenue

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Considering relocating back home to Nashville (somewhat in the hopes that it’ll move to the cravath scale in a few years). I was recently looking at Bass and saw that it isn’t an amlaw 200 firm. I also saw that it has like 230 attorneys. That means that 230 attorneys don’t generate over $95M. That means that the firm has an average revenue per attorney of around $400k.

There have been people saying Nashville increased salaries again. Does anyone know what the mid level salary is now? Seems like a firm with an RPL of 400k can’t really be paying its midlevels that well.

PotatoSalad

New

Re: Random question about revenue

Post by PotatoSalad » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:19 pm

I don't think there's an obligation for firms to report to the american lawyer?

I'm having a hard time finding a non-paywalled report, but in 2014 Choate Hall wasn't on the list. Choate is a firm that should make the list with revenues >$200MM.

I wouldn't read too-too much into Amlaw inclusion or not. There are plenty of reasons a firm wouldn't want financials out there to be compared to others. Some do it for the recognition, but I can certainly imagine a more boutique-like firm wanting to hold their cards close.

All that said, I think your thread topic is pretty vague if you're looking for Nashville specific information

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”