FL job search-waiting clearance Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
kiadak231

New

FL job search-waiting clearance

Post by kiadak231 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:14 pm

I passed the July bar in FL and am waiting for board to come back with my clearance to be sworn in. My app is a little over six months in and when I received my pass letter a few weeks ago it stated that most applications take 6-8 months to complete and keep waiting. Is it acceptable to begin applying for jobs but note that I am still waiting or do I just wait for the ok to come through? Thanks!

FLBAR0718

New

Re: FL job search-waiting clearance

Post by FLBAR0718 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:21 pm

You should apply now unless it’s a government job. Firms are more lenient regarding bar passage. You already passed the exam so firms may be fine with that. Just make sure you put it on your resume
Last edited by QContinuum on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Outed for anon abuse.

kiadak231

New

Re: FL job search-waiting clearance

Post by kiadak231 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:You should apply now unless it’s a government job. Firms are more lenient regarding bar passage. You already passed the exam so firms may be fine with that. Just make sure you put it on your resume
Thank you!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”