NY Rejection Letter Day - Question About Quinn Emanuel Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NY Rejection Letter Day - Question About Quinn Emanuel

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:39 pm

So apparently a bunch of the NYC offices of big firms decided to send their ding letters today. Most of them just thanked me for applying, but said they wouldn't pursue my application any further. This is the message I got from QE.

"Thank you for your interest in Quinn Emanuel. We are very impressed by your qualifications. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a spot in our 2019 Summer Associate program.

I strongly encourage you to reapply next year for a first year associate position. In the meantime, I will keep your information on file and contact you about any recruiting events we host at your school. We’d love to see you there."

Are these messages sent to all the rejects? I have secured a 2L SA but could potentially try for the bloodbath that is 3L OCI.

Anonymous User

Re: NY Rejection Letter Day - Question About Quinn Emanuel

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:42 pm

My Paul, Weiss rejection (post-CB) said basically the same thing. Not sure I remember seeing any others say that. Wouldn't count on it meaning anything but I'm in the same position as you so I don't know.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:45 pm

Curious--which other NY firms sent out dings today?

BrainsyK

Bronze

Post by BrainsyK » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:47 pm

It's standard. You might get them at 3L OCI, but it won't be because they had your stuff on file.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:Curious--which other NY firms sent out dings today?
OP here: Milbank and Mayer Brown for me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:23 am

Quinn only recently restarted its summer associate program, and it's likely that their 3L hiring will remain a significant source of new talent. They probably mean it more than most. So do reapply in 3L, but make sure your grades are high (e.g., above median HYS, top 35% CCN, top 20% MVPB, etc.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”