Littler Mendelson Starting Salary Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Littler Mendelson Starting Salary

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:22 pm

I'm interested in pursuing a career in employment law and have been scouring the web for information regarding the starting salaries of some of the bigger employment firms (Jackson Lewis, Ogletree, etc.) but I haven't been able to find any reliable information on Littler Mendelson. Does anyone here work at or know someone who works at Littler's Philly office (or any comparable office), and if so can you provide any helpful information?

Anonymous User

Re: Littler Mendelson Starting Salary

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:44 pm

I have also been looking for this information, particular with regard to Jackson Lewis (to no avail).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:14 pm

Pretty sure large market starting is 160k with 5k increases a year

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Pretty sure large market starting is 160k with 5k increases a year
Any reason you think that? I don't know why but I have a gut feeling they pay around 120K. Philly office has about 40 attorneys if that makes a difference in the calculation.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Pretty sure large market starting is 160k with 5k increases a year
Any reason you think that? I don't know why but I have a gut feeling they pay around 120K. Philly office has about 40 attorneys if that makes a difference in the calculation.
None of their offices are that big. Just a lot of them.

Also, OP, just curious (and can’t tell what year in school you are/if practicing, etc.), why not shoot for some of the bigger firms that are strong in L&E... jones day, Morgan Lewis, Proskauer, etc. You will make more money at those places (setting aside the fact that those places are harder to get a job at).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:15 pm

Littler no offers a ton of their summers

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:14 am

RaceJudicata wrote: Also, OP, just curious (and can’t tell what year in school you are/if practicing, etc.), why not shoot for some of the bigger firms that are strong in L&E... jones day, Morgan Lewis, Proskauer, etc. You will make more money at those places (setting aside the fact that those places are harder to get a job at).
Oh I am, I'm currently clerking though and the NY firms tend not to begin accepting apps until January/February from what I've heard. Also, I think there's something to be said for joining a firm that solely does employment work as opposed to a mega firm where employment is more of a peripheral practice group that isn't offered the same sort of resources and attention it would at a Littler or Ogletree.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Littler no offers a ton of their summers
Littler seems very secretive about the whole process. Did you get this from NALP? I asked around and it appears that this might be misleading. While they do no-offer, I think they also get burned because a lot of students find out they don't want to do L&E and look for other work after graduation. Just speculating, but they might find it more worthwhile to report them as no-offers when they are actually mutual separations.

For what its worth, no one from my school has been no-offered by Littler in the last few years. If you're passionate about L&E, you probably have a good shot.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:
RaceJudicata wrote: Also, OP, just curious (and can’t tell what year in school you are/if practicing, etc.), why not shoot for some of the bigger firms that are strong in L&E... jones day, Morgan Lewis, Proskauer, etc. You will make more money at those places (setting aside the fact that those places are harder to get a job at).
Oh I am, I'm currently clerking though and the NY firms tend not to begin accepting apps until January/February from what I've heard. Also, I think there's something to be said for joining a firm that solely does employment work as opposed to a mega firm where employment is more of a peripheral practice group that isn't offered the same sort of resources and attention it would at a Littler or Ogletree.
I’d talk to some folks at the bigger firms before you jump to this conclusion.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

stewie27

Bronze

Post by stewie27 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:04 pm

Slightly related- does anyone have a sense of salary for starting one of the flex time positions? I'm not sure how much of a time reduction it is/how much the salary is pro-rated, but they mostly required a few years of experience.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:47 pm

I think they pay $25,000/summer for summer associates.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”