DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:59 pm

Has anyone heard back from the DOJ about their SLIP applications for the summer? I checked the community board like a million times and they really only talk about the Honors Program. Do interview notices go out at the same time or do you get individually contacted? If anyone knows anything, I would very much appreciate it. I have an offer that will expire next week and I need to know if I should stop holding my breath for the DoJ.

The wait is killing me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:04 pm

Just received notice of selection, I would guess others are probably going out around now (but may vary by component so don't panic).

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just received notice of selection, I would guess others are probably going out around now (but may vary by component so don't panic).


PANICKING ANYWAY :shock: :shock:

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:24 pm

I received notice that I was "Selected for Consideration for Employment" for two components. The email saying I was selected for consideration specifically says this does not guarantee me an interview. Do I still need to send in all the forms to the components? And does anyone know anything about informal components?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:49 pm

Looks like all the SLIP invites for 2L summer interviews have gone out. Some but not all invites for 3L summer positions have gone out, too. I'm still waiting for one of those... :oops:

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:12 pm

Does anyone know what the timeline looks like? I got the "Selected for Consideration" notice but no one has contacted me about anything. I need to respond to another offer ASAP but this is by far my first choice.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know what the timeline looks like? I got the "Selected for Consideration" notice but no one has contacted me about anything. I need to respond to another offer ASAP but this is by far my first choice.


Another anonymous user curious about the timeline.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:20 pm

I received a call earlier this week to schedule an interview with Antitrust. Don't have more info than that re: timing, though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:56 pm

Any news on PRAO?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:36 pm

"Selected for further consideration" by Tax, but have not been contacted about an interview. Anyone else?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:20 pm

In the same boat. They don't really let people know when they stop considering them. I can't just sit around until they let me know, which sucks since I want this the most. :cry:

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:12 pm

I've heard the rest of the DOJ-law clerk interview invites have gone out, but my Avue status hasn't changed and Deana hasn't posted an update.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:57 pm

Has anyone had their references checked yet? Do they do that before or after an interview?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:38 pm

I was just informed by a reference that mine have been checked. He was told to submit answers about my work product by email by Monday, November 5th.

Avue lists me as "Selected for Consideration for Employment."

EOIR-OCIJ.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:15 pm

Did anyone hear anything after submitting the additional docs in early October? Like any confirmation that they were received?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone hear anything after submitting the additional docs in early October? Like any confirmation that they were received?


Yes, I had an interview after submitting the additional docs. No other confirmation of receipt though. Still waiting on the result of the interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone hear anything after submitting the additional docs in early October? Like any confirmation that they were received?


Yes, I had an interview after submitting the additional docs. No other confirmation of receipt though. Still waiting on the result of the interview.


What component did you interview for if you don’t mind sharing

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone hear anything after submitting the additional docs in early October? Like any confirmation that they were received?


Yes, I had an interview after submitting the additional docs. No other confirmation of receipt though. Still waiting on the result of the interview.


What component did you interview for if you don’t mind sharing


Quoter here: PRAO.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:47 am

Anyone hear anything from EOIR-OCJ other than that references have been contacted?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything from EOIR-OCJ other than that references have been contacted?


I was sent a list of location preferences to fill out for EOIR-OCIJ yesterday. The responses are due by Nov. 15th, so I don't expect to hear anything further until then.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything from EOIR-OCJ other than that references have been contacted?


I was sent a list of location preferences to fill out for EOIR-OCIJ yesterday. The responses are due by Nov. 15th, so I don't expect to hear anything further until then.


Dang, I didn’t get that from them so guess I’m out of the running. Thanks for the response though and best of luck!!

stewhan

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:05 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby stewhan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:56 pm

Anyone else interview with EOIR OCAHO? They said we'd have a decision before Thanksgiving, but I just got another offer (unpaid, this is still my first choice) so I'm trying to weigh my options. The other place gave me a short timeline to decide

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:47 pm

I know DOJ has largely finished selecting Honors Program candidates, but have any SLIP candidates been selected as "finalists" yet? Particularly interested in EOIR-OCIJ.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327246
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know DOJ has largely finished selecting Honors Program candidates, but have any SLIP candidates been selected as "finalists" yet? Particularly interested in EOIR-OCIJ.


I am sorry to say, but finalist designations for all components were due last Friday (per Deanna's post on the community board).

Edit: it is possible that some components/AVUE is being slow and that it will be updated on Monday, but I am pretty sure most finalist designations are currently posted on AVUE.

natalieam35

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:37 pm

Re: DoJ SLIP Summer 2019

Postby natalieam35 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:43 pm

Any word on Tax? I know when Deanna posted she said SLIP was coming in pretty sporadically, so kind of wondering when I should go ahead and assume I haven't moved on



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.