San Diego Firms that hire 1st Year Associates Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

San Diego Firms that hire 1st Year Associates

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Does anyone have any insight or suggestions on firms in San Diego (excluding BigLaw) that hire 1st year associates right out of law school?

The San Diego market seems to either be <10 attorney firms (of which information is hard to find) or small offices of BigLaw firms.

I know the 4 biggest local players are (arguably) Procopio Cory Hargreaves, Seltzer Caplan, Robbins Geller and Higgs Fletcher Mack. Do these firms hire 1st year associates?

OP: law student in SoCal with ties to SD.

Anonymous User

Re: San Diego Firms that hire 1st Year Associates

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:47 am

Yes, they do, but they don't do OCI, as far as I know so you'll have to apply directly. I assume you don't think you're in the running for biglaw?

Biglaw firms that have respectable offices in SD: Cooley, Latham, Jones Day, Mofo, Sheppard, and probably a handful more. All of those have summer classes of 4-10.

SFSpartan

Silver

Post by SFSpartan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:28 am

Can confirm that Robbins Geller and Procopio have summer programs and hire first year associates (had classmates that were part of each firm's summer class). Not familiar with the other firms OP mentioned, so can't speak to them, but agree with the above anon's assessment of large law firms.

For non-biglaw firms, hiring is probably going to be like it is for non-biglaw firms everywhere (i.e. asynchronous and based on immediate needs).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:19 am

Reviving this thread:

Anyone know the starting 1st year salary at Procopio/Robbins/Higgs?

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:25 am

What are the main practice areas in SD? I’d prefer it like a perpetual vacation compared to where I’m at now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yes, they do, but they don't do OCI, as far as I know so you'll have to apply directly. I assume you don't think you're in the running for biglaw?

Biglaw firms that have respectable offices in SD: Cooley, Latham, Jones Day, Mofo, Sheppard, and probably a handful more. All of those have summer classes of 4-10.
There's also a very respectable Fish & Richardson office for the IP-inclined.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:10 am

BUMP

Anyone have any insight into ballpark 1st-3rd year salaries @ San Diego regional mid-law (the firms that have been mentioned in this thread already ---NOT biglaw)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”