San Diego Firms that hire 1st Year Associates

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

San Diego Firms that hire 1st Year Associates

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Does anyone have any insight or suggestions on firms in San Diego (excluding BigLaw) that hire 1st year associates right out of law school?

The San Diego market seems to either be <10 attorney firms (of which information is hard to find) or small offices of BigLaw firms.

I know the 4 biggest local players are (arguably) Procopio Cory Hargreaves, Seltzer Caplan, Robbins Geller and Higgs Fletcher Mack. Do these firms hire 1st year associates?

OP: law student in SoCal with ties to SD.

Anonymous User

Re: San Diego Firms that hire 1st Year Associates

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:47 am

Yes, they do, but they don't do OCI, as far as I know so you'll have to apply directly. I assume you don't think you're in the running for biglaw?

Biglaw firms that have respectable offices in SD: Cooley, Latham, Jones Day, Mofo, Sheppard, and probably a handful more. All of those have summer classes of 4-10.

SFSpartan

Silver

Re: San Diego Firms that hire 1st Year Associates

Postby SFSpartan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:28 am

Can confirm that Robbins Geller and Procopio have summer programs and hire first year associates (had classmates that were part of each firm's summer class). Not familiar with the other firms OP mentioned, so can't speak to them, but agree with the above anon's assessment of large law firms.

For non-biglaw firms, hiring is probably going to be like it is for non-biglaw firms everywhere (i.e. asynchronous and based on immediate needs).

Return to “Legal Employment�