USAO hiring and Schedule A Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

USAO hiring and Schedule A

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:39 am

Apologies for the Anon, but post history coupled with topic could potentially out me.

I’m curious about USAO hiring, specifically with regards to schedule A eligible applicants. All of the job posts have the same boilerplate language re: direct or preferential hiring for qualified applicants with disabilities. Do any current or former AUSAs on here familiar with hiring practices know how Schedule A works in practice in the AUSA context? I’m sure there is some variability from office to office, but any insight is appreciated.

Anonymous User

Re: USAO hiring and Schedule A

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:19 am

Two completely anecdotal (and thus mostly useless) reactions: 1) I'm an AUSA, and I've noticed a significantly higher than average proportion of people with visible disabilities when I go to national trainings and so on than in other professional contexts (obviously can't speak to invisible disabilities), which suggests to me some kind of preference/support in hiring. 2) I've never seen an AUSA get hired outside of an actual posted job opening, though. I don't know if there is any non-competitive hiring for AUSAs.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”