After Verbal Offer, Do You Get Official Letter? When? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
placidstate

New

After Verbal Offer, Do You Get Official Letter? When?

Post by placidstate » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:47 pm

Hi, I wanted to get opinion from people on TLS. I received an offer via phone call last week and accepted it verbally. The person who called me said that I will be receiving the formal onboarding documentation soon (I actually am not sure if she said soon or a few days) from the recruiter via email. Its been a week since that call and I still have not received anything from the recruiter.

Should I be worried since I have already cancelled my other callbacks?

How long did it take fellow TLS to receive a formal offer letter or contract after a phone call offer?

Thanks so much!

BrainsyK

Bronze

Re: After Verbal Offer, Do You Get Official Letter? When?

Post by BrainsyK » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:44 pm

You'll definitely get it. I've waited anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 days for the email. No reason to worry at all.

comstoc

New

Post by comstoc » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:42 pm

I accepted an offer three weeks ago and never received an official letter or contract or any indication that I should expect one. I got an offer email after the offer call, and I got a whole bunch of "congrats" and "we're so happy you're joining us" emails after I accepted, but nothing formal. I was under the impression that was pretty normal. I would maybe be a little concerned if you haven't received even a confirmation email, but I didn't think a formal letter was something we should expect.

placidstate

New

Post by placidstate » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:05 pm

comstoc wrote:I accepted an offer three weeks ago and never received an official letter or contract or any indication that I should expect one. I got an offer email after the offer call, and I got a whole bunch of "congrats" and "we're so happy you're joining us" emails after I accepted, but nothing formal. I was under the impression that was pretty normal. I would maybe be a little concerned if you haven't received even a confirmation email, but I didn't think a formal letter was something we should expect.
Yea, I never got any confirmation email. But received congrats emails from some of the people who I interviewed with...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”