Ghosted After Callback Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Ghosted After Callback

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:24 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Ghosted After Callback

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had a callback with my #1 choice - an international office which only offers one summer associate slot and was told I should expect to hear back in two weeks' time which I didn't. I wrote back to reaffirm my interest last week but have not heard a peep ever since the callback, it's been 4 weeks and I can't read into the silence.

Should I be expecting a ding at this point? Any advice as what to do moving forward?
Was this a NALP firm? NALP firms are technically required to provide a final decision. At this stage, I wouldn't follow up again unless you have a trusted source or contact on the inside to put in a good word on your behalf. You could still hear good news though, stranger things have happened!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I had a callback with my #1 choice - an international office which only offers one summer associate slot and was told I should expect to hear back in two weeks' time which I didn't. I wrote back to reaffirm my interest last week but have not heard a peep ever since the callback, it's been 4 weeks and I can't read into the silence.

Should I be expecting a ding at this point? Any advice as what to do moving forward?
Was this a NALP firm? NALP firms are technically required to provide a final decision. At this stage, I wouldn't follow up again unless you have a trusted source or contact on the inside to put in a good word on your behalf. You could still hear good news though, stranger things have happened!
Where in the NALP guidelines are firms required to make a final decision? I haven't been able to find such a provision, but I am in a pretty similar position as OP and it would be nice to know one way or the other.

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:57 pm

Unfortunately, many (NALP) firms seem to take a very long time to formally reject candidates, if they do so at all. Perhaps this preserves their flexibility in case their conversion rate is unexpectedly low, or perhaps they simply don't care to take the time to notify rejected candidates. While it's certainly possible OP is on a waitlist, I wouldn't hold out too much hope in OP's position.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:29 am

White & Case asked for a writing sample and promised I"ll have a decision by "this Friday". That was August 21st. Still haven't heard .

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:35 am

A firm ghosted me for like 6 weeks before finally rejecting me. My guess is they kept me on some type of wait list while going through other candidates until they filled their summer class

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:A firm ghosted me for like 6 weeks before finally rejecting me. My guess is they kept me on some type of wait list while going through other candidates until they filled their summer class
I've been ghosted from one firm going on 6 weeks now. Sent 2 emails expressing continued interest... no response. Like... just ding me already, please.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:33 pm

Haven’t heard from H&K in two years after a cb, still waiting to hear if I’ll get an offer. If anyone from H&K is reading this I’d like them to know I took an offer at another firm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:03 pm

Anyone still waiting to hear back after a callback? I've been waiting for 3 weeks :roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”