No salary information on SA offer?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

No salary information on SA offer?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:20 pm

Just received the formal offer letter from a v50 in NY, which only contains the duration of the summer program, terms for a return offer, but no salary information. I'm wondering if this is standard practice? Many thanks!

QContinuum

Bronze

Re: No salary information on SA offer?

Postby QContinuum » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just received the formal offer letter from a v50 in NY, which only contains the duration of the summer program, terms for a return offer, but no salary information. I'm wondering if this is standard practice? Many thanks!

You can check on NALP or Vault - if it's a V50, its associate compensation (including for summers) will almost certainly be public.

None of my SA offer letters (at lockstep Vault firms) included salary information (nor did my permanent offer letter post-SA).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:24 pm

Don't worry - not an issue.

If concerned, why not ask HR via email?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:34 pm

Certainly nothing to worry about. Out of my 3 offers only one mentioned the salary, and they all pay market.

JohnnieSockran

Bronze

Postby JohnnieSockran » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just received the formal offer letter from a v50 in NY, which only contains the duration of the summer program, terms for a return offer, but no salary information. I'm wondering if this is standard practice? Many thanks!

Agreed with the posters above. Mine just said like we pay the equivalent of a first year's salary on a pro-rated basis, giving the firm flexibility in case salaries are increased between now and the summer program for any reason.

Return to “Legal Employment�