Should I mass mail NY? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Should I mass mail NY?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:08 pm

2L at a UC school that does not place well in NY (UCD/UCH/UCI). Have good grades, but haven't had any luck with any firms in CA. Is it worth mass mailing NY?

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Re: Should I mass mail NY?

Post by Dr. Nefario » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:28 am

The answer to should I mass mail is always yes. There is minimal effort involved in massmailing and the possible benefit always outweighs the effort.

QContinuum

Re: Should I mass mail NY?

Post by QContinuum » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:16 pm

And to expand on the previous post, the answer to "should I mass mail NY?" is also always yes. NY is the biggest legal market in the Americas, the market that cares least about candidates having ties, and the market that cares (relative to other major markets) less about candidates' grades. That's why the standard advice is always to mass mail NY plus whichever market(s) a candidate has ties (however remote) to.

Mass mail NY, and if you have any ties to other markets, mass mail those markets as well. Best of luck.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”