Which law firm should my friend pick? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Which law firm should my friend pick?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:40 pm

My friend is deciding between the NYC offices of Weil, Simpson Thacher, and Debevoise. However, he has realized that he actually wants to live in Chicago, yet he did not apply to or interview with Chicago firms. Is it too late for him to reach out to major Chicago firms, or should he try to pick an NYC firm and rely on 3L hiring, or plan to stay with an NYC firm for 2-5 years? He's mostly interested in real estate, and would receive a generous scholarship from Weil if he picked them. He is a student at a Chicago law school.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QContinuum

Re: Which law firm should my friend pick?

Post by QContinuum » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:43 pm

He should summer at one of these firms and apply to Chicago firms next year (including through 3L OCI).

Anonymous User

Re: Which law firm should my friend pick?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:58 am

bump

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”