Perkins Coie “still reviewing” email Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Perkins Coie “still reviewing” email

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:00 pm

I know there’s some info on this thread about the infamous Perkins Coie “still reviewing” email. I just received it tonight. I’m wondering if anyone has any info of how these usually pan out? Is it strictly a waitlist?

Anyone know of someone who received this email then got a callback?

I know Seattle and Perkins move slower, so just wanted to get some input on this.

Anonymous User

Re: Perkins Coie “still reviewing” email

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know there’s some info on this thread about the infamous Perkins Coie “still reviewing” email. I just received it tonight. I’m wondering if anyone has any info of how these usually pan out? Is it strictly a waitlist?

I know Seattle and Perkins move slower, so just wanted to get some input on this.
You're talking about PC Seattle? How long ago was the screener and when did you receive the email?

Also, quick plug for http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 3&t=297058

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I know there’s some info on this thread about the infamous Perkins Coie “still reviewing” email. I just received it tonight. I’m wondering if anyone has any info of how these usually pan out? Is it strictly a waitlist?

You're talking about PC Seattle? How long ago was the screener and when did you receive the email?

Yes, Perkins Seattle. Screener was 8/3, invited to post-screener drinks event same day. Haven’t heard anything until now. Received email tonight.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yes, Perkins Seattle. Screener was 8/3, invited to post-screener drinks event same day. Haven’t heard anything until now. Received email tonight.
Anecdotal, but I've got two useful bits of information:

1. Attending post-screener but exclusive/invitational events can be pretty important to certain law firms. It wasn't at Perkins, but I was dinged by another Seattle firm shortly after declining an allegedly optional post-screener reception. So I hope you attended.

2. The Perkins "still reviewing" email generally means what it says. It's not a callback, but it's not a soft (or even probable) ding. They're just trying to keep you in the loop.

FWIW I interviewed with Perkins a bit less than a month ago, and I still haven't heard back. I think Seattle just moves slow.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:35 pm

Anyone still waiting from Perkins Coie? Had a post-OCI screener...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”