North Carolina Offers/Dings Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

North Carolina Offers/Dings

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:44 pm

figured someone should start a thread on callbacks, offers, and dings in North Carolina

Anonymous User

Re: North Carolina Offers/Dings

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:27 pm

anyone heard from Mayer Brown Charlotte post-CB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Out-of-state student here. If I haven't heard back from firms for initial interviews should I assume I am not going to get one? I had one OCI with an NC firm late last week that has not made CB decisions yet, and so far have one other interview planned with a firm in NC. I'm not sure how the NC timeline generally works, as the timeline here seems to be at a different pace. For context I am at a top 30 law school, top third of the class, on a journal (not main law review), from NC, and went to undergrad in NC.

thebasedgod

New

Post by thebasedgod » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:Out-of-state student here. If I haven't heard back from firms for initial interviews should I assume I am not going to get one? I had one OCI with an NC firm late last week that has not made CB decisions yet, and so far have one other interview planned with a firm in NC. I'm not sure how the NC timeline generally works, as the timeline here seems to be at a different pace. For context I am at a top 30 law school, top third of the class, on a journal (not main law review), from NC, and went to undergrad in NC.
PM and which firms you want to know about and I could tell you

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:42 pm

I'm interested in this, too. I've interviewed with 11 firms so far and have only expressed interest in Raleigh/Greensboro offices. Callbacks from mcguirewoods, Brooks Pierce, and Ellis & Winters. Ding via snail mail from Alston & Bird--which I expected, because apparently they won't have a program in Raleigh next summer. Silence from everywhere else. Anyone heard from Parker Poe, Smith Anderson, Womble, or Wyrick Robbins?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm interested in this, too. I've interviewed with 11 firms so far and have only expressed interest in Raleigh/Greensboro offices. Callbacks from McGuireWoods, Brooks Pierce, and Ellis & Winters. Ding via snail mail from Alston & Bird--which I expected, because apparently they won't have a program in Raleigh next summer. Silence from everywhere else. Anyone heard from Parker Poe, Smith Anderson, Womble, or Wyrick Robbins?
had a callback at Wyrick and I'm 99% sure they'll be done with CBs after this week. CBs reported at Parker Poe and Smith Anderson in the Duke OCI thread.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:42 pm

Reviving this thread as Pre-OCI picks up

Callbacks: Blanco Tackaberry in Winston Salem

Dings: Smith Anderson

3.6, lifelong ties, non-Wake/UNC/Duke

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”