Baker Botts NYC Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Baker Botts NYC

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:56 pm

Interested in B.B. NYC. Considering an offer for their IP lit group, but would like to learn more about the culture there. On paper, this seems like a good option for both personal and professional reasons. I know BB had some issues with SA offer rates in the past, but they seem much better now. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: Baker Botts NYC

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:14 pm

Sorry to piggyback, but what was the turnaround on your CB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sorry to piggyback, but what was the turnaround on your CB?
24 hours

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interested in B.B. NYC. Considering an offer for their IP lit group, but would like to learn more about the culture there. On paper, this seems like a good option for both personal and professional reasons. I know BB had some issues with SA offer rates in the past, but they seem much better now. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.
The SA offer rates are not in the past. They have no offered multiple people each of the past 3 years and also cold-offer people more than almost any other firm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interested in B.B. NYC. Considering an offer for their IP lit group, but would like to learn more about the culture there. On paper, this seems like a good option for both personal and professional reasons. I know BB had some issues with SA offer rates in the past, but they seem much better now. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.
The SA offer rates are not in the past. They have no offered multiple people each of the past 3 years and also cold-offer people more than almost any other firm.
NALP says they offered 14/14 in NYC last summer. Where are you hearing this?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Sorry, I was speaking to Baker Botts more generally. Not just the NYC office. Direct experience.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Sorry, I was speaking to Baker Botts more generally. Not just the NYC office. Direct experience.
Sorry to hear that — that’s shitty.

I think/hope NYC may operate differently because of its IP roots but that’s speculation I suppose. Does anyone know how to access older NALP forms?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sorry to piggyback, but what was the turnaround on your CB?
24 hours
Anon from above. CB -> Offer? That's what I was asking; I should have been more clear.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
24 hours
Anon from above. CB -> Offer? That's what I was asking; I should have been more clear.
Yea. My offer was the day after CB.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:17 am

My friend worked in the IP department of BB NY this summer and everyone got an offer. But I'm not sure if there were any cold offers in there too

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My friend worked in the IP department of BB NY this summer and everyone got an offer. But I'm not sure if there were any cold offers in there too
How did s/he like it there?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”