Callbacks and hiring partner Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callbacks and hiring partner

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Just received the schedules for my three callback for this week. I do not have one meeting with a hiring partner. Is this a bad sign? 2/3 of the firms are reaches, so this has me worried. Am I just letting my anxiety get the best of me? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Callbacks and hiring partner

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just received the schedules for my three callback for this week. I do not have one meeting with a hiring partner. Is this a bad sign? 2/3 of the firms are reaches, so this has me worried. Am I just letting my anxiety get the best of me? Thanks!
Not all firms have interviews with hiring partners.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:57 pm

I doubt it. I don’t think the firms would want to waste 20-30 minutes of two partners’ time on someone they’re uninterested in.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:10 pm

Don't really get this. I've had quite a few callbacks (with offers) and haven't met a hiring partner on a single occasion.

4LTsPointingNorth

Bronze

Post by 4LTsPointingNorth » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:56 pm

A firm's hiring partner steers the firm's hiring committee, which makes high level recruiting/hiring decisions based on whatever system that firm has established internally. They are also likely to be the internal point person for other partners and relevant staff directors at the firm to discuss specific hiring/recruiting matters with.

They don't personally interview every candidate. When they do take the time to interview candidates, it is more likely due to their availability on that day rather than in response to any candidate's perceived quality (or lack thereof). After all, these people do still need to spend most of their time practicing law.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”