District Attorney's Office 2019 Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorney's Office 2019

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know how far in the hiring process DANY is? How many interns have been hired???
I personally know at least 3 people who have been hired, none of whom were prior interns.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:51 pm

Interviewed with Brooklyn DA in early August, had a panel in October, and a third round in November. Got an email on Thursday asking to call the hiring director, who said they were moving me forward to the final round. Told me to keep an eye out for an email scheduling my interview on Thursday or Friday. It's Tuesday, and I still haven't gotten that email. Not really sure what to do now.

encore1101

Silver

Post by encore1101 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed with Brooklyn DA in early August, had a panel in October, and a third round in November. Got an email on Thursday asking to call the hiring director, who said they were moving me forward to the final round. Told me to keep an eye out for an email scheduling my interview on Thursday or Friday. It's Tuesday, and I still haven't gotten that email. Not really sure what to do now.
This is what I would do:

If you haven't received it by tomorrow late morning or early afternoon, call and ask. It's possible they sent it to the wrong e-mail or just forgot. Explain that, "I was told last week that I'd be receiving an e-mail for an interview for tomorrow or Friday, but I haven't received the e-mail yet."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:57 pm

encore1101 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed with Brooklyn DA in early August, had a panel in October, and a third round in November. Got an email on Thursday asking to call the hiring director, who said they were moving me forward to the final round. Told me to keep an eye out for an email scheduling my interview on Thursday or Friday. It's Tuesday, and I still haven't gotten that email. Not really sure what to do now.
This is what I would do:

If you haven't received it by tomorrow late morning or early afternoon, call and ask. It's possible they sent it to the wrong e-mail or just forgot. Explain that, "I was told last week that I'd be receiving an e-mail for an interview for tomorrow or Friday, but I haven't received the e-mail yet."
Thanks. I sent a follow-up email on Monday, and tried calling earlier today (twice-- left a voicemail). So far I haven't received any sort of response. I'm wondering at what point "persistence" becomes "pestering."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:42 am

lol yeah their hiring is slow and they kinda suck so you have to stay on top of them. I would call them Wednesday.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:51 am

encore1101 wrote:
This is what I would do:

Thanks. I've emailed to follow up, and I called twice yesterday, only to get voicemail. I'm wondering at what point "persistence" becomes "pestering"

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:58 pm

Has anyone been dinged from the Bronx, post-3rd round? When did you hear? Any idea why? Thanks!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I just received an email asking me to come for a finalist interview with Cook County.
I got the email for the finalist interview with Cook County as well.
I did as well. Still waiting for a date/time.

Same here! Got my time and date all sorted.
I’m the second poster above. I just withdrew my interview date and time because I accepted another job offer! Good luck to everyone interviewing!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:34 pm

Does anyone know what the background investigation is like in one of the NYC DA's offices?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:44 pm

I am in no way an expert, but I accepted an offer and am in the process of doing background for one of the NYC offices and it seems pretty standard so far. They assigned a detective who called me to go over my paperwork and make sure that all my references had responded confirming employment. My school and one reference hadn't responded to letters so he asked me to reach out to them and have them send letters confirming attendance/employment. He said that once he had that I would be clear. I haven't heard of anyone failing. They seem to just want to confirm no criminal history etc. Seemed pretty standard. I hope this is a little bit helpful!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am in no way an expert, but I accepted an offer and am in the process of doing background for one of the NYC offices and it seems pretty standard so far. They assigned a detective who called me to go over my paperwork and make sure that all my references had responded confirming employment. My school and one reference hadn't responded to letters so he asked me to reach out to them and have them send letters confirming attendance/employment. He said that once he had that I would be clear. I haven't heard of anyone failing. They seem to just want to confirm no criminal history etc. Seemed pretty standard. I hope this is a little bit helpful!
forgot to mention, I was a summer intern at the office so they didn't redo prints and all that, but already had them on file and said they could just use the ones from the beginning of the summer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know what the background investigation is like in one of the NYC DA's offices?
Wondering about this too. Do they contact you when they start it? I accepted an offer in October at one of the offices.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know what the background investigation is like in one of the NYC DA's offices?
Wondering about this too. Do they contact you when they start it? I accepted an offer in October at one of the offices.
DANY does not contact you when they start it. I know that the letters for mine have been sent out already and I haven't heard anything from them.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I just received an email asking me to come for a finalist interview with Cook County.
I got the email for the finalist interview with Cook County as well.
I did as well. Still waiting for a date/time.

Same here! Got my time and date all sorted.
I’m the second poster above. I just withdrew my interview date and time because I accepted another job offer! Good luck to everyone interviewing!
Congrats! Anyone else have any idea how many people they're interviewing at this final round?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:10 pm

Anyone interviewing/interviewed with the PA AG's office?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:07 pm

Had my final round interview with Cook County, completely forgot to ask when we would hear back. I was caught up in a conversation, but did anyone happen to find out when they’d contact us by??

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:Had my final round interview with Cook County, completely forgot to ask when we would hear back. I was caught up in a conversation, but did anyone happen to find out when they’d contact us by??
I also had my final round, they told me they try to respond by spring.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had my final round interview with Cook County, completely forgot to ask when we would hear back. I was caught up in a conversation, but did anyone happen to find out when they’d contact us by??

they told me 2-8 weeks, which isn't too bad considering I heard last year they didn't get back to the candidates until May & June.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

they told me 2-8 weeks, which isn't too bad considering I heard last year they didn't get back to the candidates until May & June.
Did they sound confident about that? It would be so great if that is indeed the case.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:41 am

Anyone know how the background checks for NYC offices work?

encore1101

Silver

Post by encore1101 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know how the background checks for NYC offices work?
Just based on my experience: they run your rap sheet and interview your neighbors. Probably run your fingerprints in FBI database. Look for any reason to dig any further. If there's nothing that gives them initial pause, then they won't. If they see a loose thread, they'll pull it and see where it leads.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know how the background checks for NYC offices work?
Can't speak to any office but DANY but they take your fingerprints and give you a few forms to fill out. They'll send a letter to your last 3 employers and your last 3 educational institutions. You'll also have the detective running your investigation do a home visit.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:16 pm

So we are approaching the 3rd week after Cook County interviews... hopefully the 2-8 week window for a decision is true. If anyone hears anything, feel free to update others.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:59 pm

Recieved offers from: Philly DA, Jacksonville Fl DA, waiting to hear from Cook County and the Bronx.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Recieved offers from: Philly DA, Jacksonville Fl DA, waiting to hear from Cook County and the Bronx.
Congrats, must feel good! Did you accept any yet?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”