District Attorney's Office 2019 Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorney's Office 2019

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:05 am

Yes, I am transferring my UBE score. It quite a process! And same, no idea when I am moving. I am trying to plan a couple trips around that time, but kinda hard to do that when I have no idea about a start date. The uncertainty sucks, but glad I am not the only one who hasn't heard anything since December.
pamplemousse9 wrote:
goji11 wrote:I'm also starting with Brooklyn in the fall. I haven't heard anything since getting my acceptance letter in December. If there's a Facebook group, I'd love to be part of it.

Anonymous User wrote:I have been wondering the same myself! I am also starting with Brooklyn this Fall, and still haven't heard about a start date. Just curious, do you know if there is a fb group for the incoming 2019 class? I have heard that previous classes have tried connecting via fb prior to the start date.

pamplemousse9 wrote:Interviewed with Brooklyn in late October, had 2nd and 3rd round interview on the same day in late November. Offered same day, accepted a few weeks later.

Does anyone know when we actually start yet?? Or what the background check process is??
I haven't seen a facebook group...I'm just getting kind of nervous because I have no idea when I'm moving! Is anyone else transferring in their UBE score?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Cook County yet?
radio silence
Same. So frustrating.
Nothing on my end.

Any idea how many people interviewed for the final round at Cook County?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Recieved offers from: Philly DA, Jacksonville Fl DA, waiting to hear from Cook County and the Bronx.
Congrats, must feel good! Did you accept any yet?
Totally late on the response..but ended up getting the Bronx too..but decided on Florida. I would rather stay in the South! I'm not built for the cold.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:33 pm

got an email from Cook County asking me to schedule an interview to meet the State's Attorney. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:got an email from Cook County asking me to schedule an interview to meet the State's Attorney. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back.
Congrats!! Haven’t heard anything yet but it actually is a relief to hear they are finally starting to contact people back. Good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:01 pm

Anyone know what the background check for Miami includes?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Other than that person that previously posted, has anyone heard from Cook County?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Other than that person that previously posted, has anyone heard from Cook County?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:Other than that person that previously posted, has anyone heard from Cook County?

I also was invited back for a final interview with State's Attorney Foxx.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:24 pm

Any updates from Manhattan applicants? I'm waiting to hear if I'll get a third round interview. They said I would hear in about a week but it's been almost two. Thought the second round went reasonably well, but hard to gauge because the interviewers were pretty emotionless.

New

Post by 98765 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any updates from Manhattan applicants? I'm waiting to hear if I'll get a third round interview. They said I would hear in about a week but it's been almost two. Thought the second round went reasonably well, but hard to gauge because the interviewers were pretty emotionless.
Posted too soon - just found out I made it to the third round. Should I expect more of the hypotheticals with a panel again?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:54 am

98765 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any updates from Manhattan applicants? I'm waiting to hear if I'll get a third round interview. They said I would hear in about a week but it's been almost two. Thought the second round went reasonably well, but hard to gauge because the interviewers were pretty emotionless.
Posted too soon - just found out I made it to the third round. Should I expect more of the hypotheticals with a panel again?
I didn't get hypos in my third round but it is with a panel of the executive team.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 01, 2019 6:21 pm

Has anyone recently heard from Cook County?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 01, 2019 10:17 pm

Has anyone that's been hired at Brooklyn DA heard news since receiving their acceptance letters? Haven't heard anything since December and wondering if I should reach out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 02, 2019 12:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone that's been hired at Brooklyn DA heard news since receiving their acceptance letters? Haven't heard anything since December and wondering if I should reach out.
I haven't heard anything. I'm wondering when the start date/onboarding process begins. Curious to see if anyone else has heard anything.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 02, 2019 1:34 pm

FYI, if anyone is interested in being a prosecutor in Seattle, King County is hiring regularly. Both contract attorneys and laterals.

WORLDPIECEPEACE

New

Post by WORLDPIECEPEACE » Thu May 02, 2019 4:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone that's been hired at Brooklyn DA heard news since receiving their acceptance letters? Haven't heard anything since December and wondering if I should reach out.
I haven't heard anything. I'm wondering when the start date/onboarding process begins. Curious to see if anyone else has heard anything.
Relieved to hear that I'm not the only one who hasn't had any movement. Will update if I receive any news.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pamplemousse9

New

Post by pamplemousse9 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:54 pm

WORLDPIECEPEACE wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Relieved to hear that I'm not the only one who hasn't had any movement. Will update if I receive any news.
I emailed them like a month or two ago. Apparently we get our start date in July, usually. I creeped on the DA's fb page and it looks like the last class started in October. Should we start an fb group of our own?

WORLDPIECEPEACE

New

Post by WORLDPIECEPEACE » Wed May 15, 2019 2:31 am

pamplemousse9 wrote:
WORLDPIECEPEACE wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I emailed them like a month or two ago. Apparently we get our start date in July, usually. I creeped on the DA's fb page and it looks like the last class started in October. Should we start an fb group of our own?
Don't have Facebook unfortunately but maybe others on here are interested?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 16, 2019 1:48 pm

Just got my rejection from Cook County. Good luck to everyone else!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Has anyone heard from Brooklyn yet? I know we were supposed to get our start date in July, but I haven't heard anything.

Good luck to everyone taking the bar!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:FYI, if anyone is interested in being a prosecutor in Seattle, King County is hiring regularly. Both contract attorneys and laterals.
Does anyone have info on the laterals/contract attorney job? Information on their website doesn’t provide much.

WORLDPIECEPEACE

New

Post by WORLDPIECEPEACE » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Brooklyn yet? I know we were supposed to get our start date in July, but I haven't heard anything.

Still haven't received communication on my end. Would be interested if anyone's heard back since I believe we're supposed to fill out paperwork for HR sometime in mid-late August?

goji11

New

Post by goji11 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:56 pm

WORLDPIECEPEACE wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Brooklyn yet? I know we were supposed to get our start date in July, but I haven't heard anything.

Still haven't received communication on my end. Would be interested if anyone's heard back since I believe we're supposed to fill out paperwork for HR sometime in mid-late August?

I emailed them recently to check, and they said they anticipate the start date will be in Mid-October, which seems so far away.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:FYI, if anyone is interested in being a prosecutor in Seattle, King County is hiring regularly. Both contract attorneys and laterals.
Does anyone have info on the laterals/contract attorney job? Information on their website doesn’t provide much.
Sorry for the delay, busy couple weeks.

Here is the posting, it is now a continuous opening. There has been a lot of movement the last couple years, so now is an ideal time to get into the office. Normally there used to be very few openings:

https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/ ... FOy5dNqiFY

Let me know if you have any questions.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”