"B" List/Waiting List for Firms from OCI Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BOSStongrl

New

"B" List/Waiting List for Firms from OCI

Post by BOSStongrl » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:03 pm

Is there such thing as a "b" list for firms from OCI screeners? For example, callbacks have gone out for several firms, but I have yet to hear anything (including dings) from them. Other interviewers from the same office have sent out generic ding letters, and history shows that these firms typically send out ding letters. It's been about a week and a half since interviewing for these firms, is it safe to say i'm on the back-up list, or do firms typically forget to send out ding letters from time to time? And would it help to send out LOCI to these firms?

Anonymous User

Re: "B" List/Waiting List for Firms from OCI

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:15 pm

I am in this situation for 5 weeks for a job fair interview....

SayNoToScalia

New

Post by SayNoToScalia » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:17 pm

It's been about a week and a half since interviewing for these firms, is it safe to say i'm on the back-up list, or do firms typically forget to send out ding letters from time to time?
No, it is not safe to say that. They might have decided to reject you by ghosting you.

But you should at this point consider sending an email to the recruiter to follow up.

Also, assume you have struck out, and start mass mailing.

BOSStongrl

New

Post by BOSStongrl » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:32 pm

SayNoToScalia wrote:
It's been about a week and a half since interviewing for these firms, is it safe to say i'm on the back-up list, or do firms typically forget to send out ding letters from time to time?
No, it is not safe to say that. They might have decided to reject you by ghosting you.

But you should at this point consider sending an email to the recruiter to follow up.

I have not struck out.. i'm asking about the remaining firms that I haven't heard from.

But I don't quite get why some people have received dings/callbacks from the same firm but I have yet to hear a peep from them. So not sure if "B" lists actually exist or if they're essentially a myth and I shouldn't even waste my time following up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Can't speak for all firms but there's an informal waitlist at my v10, and they call back students from the list after seeing how numbers for a given school pan out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

youmadbro

New

Post by youmadbro » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:45 pm

BOSStongrl wrote:
SayNoToScalia wrote:

I have not struck out.. i'm asking about the remaining firms that I haven't heard from.

But I don't quite get why some people have received dings/callbacks from the same firm but I have yet to hear a peep from them. So not sure if "B" lists actually exist or if they're essentially a myth and I shouldn't even waste my time following up.
Damn girl, why you getting so defensive? that person was just trying to help out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:35 pm

youmadbro wrote:
BOSStongrl wrote:
SayNoToScalia wrote:

Damn girl, why you getting so defensive? that person was just trying to help out.
First, I agree with the above. Don’t lash out at someone trying to help.

Second, when I was doing OCI, some people would get dings and others would get ghosted.i think firms are just too busy to figure out who they rejected already.

My firm has a “hold” list. However, it is rarely used because they give out a ton of CBs and do rounds of offers through that.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:22 pm

it's a thing. I have friends who got CBs at V5s 2 weeks after screener, while others got theirs 24 hours later. wouldn't like, hold out for it, but worth a follow-up email to reaffirm interest

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:34 pm

I've worked at two firms, on the hiring committee at the second.

Neither have/had a waiting list for OCI, but one existed for callbacks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:23 am

There is definitely a waiting list for offers at least. I finally received an offer from a firm yesterday after doing a callback one month ago. This was a v5 firm btw, so it’s not like they have an atypical offer timeline

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”