callback round-trip flight logistics? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

callback round-trip flight logistics?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:56 am

I am in law school in NY. I have a callback on Wednesday in LA. The firm booked a round trip from NY to LA and back. But I just scheduled a second callback in San Fran on Thursday, which means I will no longer need the return leg of the round-trip LA flight. What is the protocol here? Should I inform my first firm and have them change the flight (which might cost them even more $$) or is it okay for me to just not show up for the return portion of that flight?

Anonymous User

Re: callback round-trip flight logistics?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:I am in law school in NY. I have a callback on Wednesday in LA. The firm booked a round trip from NY to LA and back. But I just scheduled a second callback in San Fran on Thursday, which means I will no longer need the return leg of the round-trip LA flight. What is the protocol here? Should I inform my first firm and have them change the flight (which might cost them even more $$) or is it okay for me to just not show up for the return portion of that flight?
Contact the travel agency, they'll cancel it. Then contact your San Fran firm's travel agency and have them book you a one-way ticket back. This kind of thing happens all the time and travel agents are used to it, so nothing to sweat about.

Anonymous User

Re: callback round-trip flight logistics?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:23 pm

Let the first firm know and they'll change the dates. The two firms will end up splitting the flight when you fill out your NALP reimbursement form.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”