CB success—late CBs? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

CB success—late CBs?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:42 am

I am really lucky to have what I think is a decent number of callbacks, and just by virtue of that, some of them are going to have to be scheduled towards the end of the firm's schedule. What are y'alls experiences like having your callback towards the end of the process? Less offers?

Sharpy

New

Re: CB success—late CBs?

Post by Sharpy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:I am really lucky to have what I think is a decent number of callbacks, and just by virtue of that, some of them are going to have to be scheduled towards the end of the firm's schedule. What are y'alls experiences like having your callback towards the end of the process? Less offers?
Have you tried to double up callbacks in the same day? I’m also just now going through this process so I don’t have much more experience than yourself, but I would imagine that the earlier the better.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:I am really lucky to have what I think is a decent number of callbacks, and just by virtue of that, some of them are going to have to be scheduled towards the end of the firm's schedule. What are y'alls experiences like having your callback towards the end of the process? Less offers?
Depends on what you mean by "end of the process." If you're getting in before the last week of August you're still fine. If you've got CBs going into September, then that's too late. I second the suggestion of doubling up on callbacks. If you've got some that do not include lunch, it's very feasible to do one from 10-1, and then another one from 3-6. Leave at least two hours in between each callback in case one runs over/there is traffic, etc. And if possible, make sure your CB firms are fairly close to each other so that you can actually take a break.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Depends on what you mean by "end of the process." If you're getting in before the last week of August you're still fine. If you've got CBs going into September, then that's too late. I second the suggestion of doubling up on callbacks. If you've got some that do not include lunch, it's very feasible to do one from 10-1, and then another one from 3-6. Leave at least two hours in between each callback in case one runs over/there is traffic, etc. And if possible, make sure your CB firms are fairly close to each other so that you can actually take a break.

Okay, yeah, I figured going into September would be too late. I was a little worried about the ones I have the week of August 20th, but I guess those will be fine... I'm glad y'all think two in a day is feasible. I thought so too—all these firms are, for the most part, within walking distance. My career services office seemed super against doing two in one day, but really, it doesn't seem THAT much worse than having 11 screeners in a day or whatever, especially if they are CBs without meals or cocktail receptions.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Okay, yeah, I figured going into September would be too late. I was a little worried about the ones I have the week of August 20th, but I guess those will be fine... I'm glad y'all think two in a day is feasible. I thought so too—all these firms are, for the most part, within walking distance. My career services office seemed super against doing two in one day, but really, it doesn't seem THAT much worse than having 11 screeners in a day or whatever, especially if they are CBs without meals or cocktail receptions.
I mean, the main risk of two in a day is being unprepared for (or late to) your second one, because a number of things can happen in the morning that might get in the way of your afternoon one. But honestly, it's fine. I made the mistake of not checking firm locations and being on edge for the whole cab ride from one side of Manhattan to the other, but it still worked out. But you will probably be a bit tired after your first one (even if it's "just four screeners") so if you can take an actual break for lunch or coffee, that's ideal.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I mean, the main risk of two in a day is being unprepared for (or late to) your second one, because a number of things can happen in the morning that might get in the way of your afternoon one. But honestly, it's fine. I made the mistake of not checking firm locations and being on edge for the whole cab ride from one side of Manhattan to the other, but it still worked out. But you will probably be a bit tired after your first one (even if it's "just four screeners") so if you can take an actual break for lunch or coffee, that's ideal.
I have two in a day this upcoming Wednesday, with only an hour break in between them. It’s in DC, so they are about a 30min walk or 10 min metro to get from one office to the other. Thoughts?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I have two in a day this upcoming Wednesday, with only an hour break in between them. It’s in DC, so they are about a 30min walk or 10 min metro to get from one office to the other. Thoughts?
That's kind of pushing it but you should still be OK. I would take the metro or an Uber/Lyft so that you're not a sweaty mess when you get to your second one.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

That's kind of pushing it but you should still be OK. I would take the metro or an Uber/Lyft so that you're not a sweaty mess when you get to your second one.
Awesome, thanks for the input. Yeah, definitely going to metro or something, and going to chug an iced coffee in between for a little energy boost. Thanks again.

basketofbread

New

Post by basketofbread » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Definitely give yourself a decent amount of time in between them, to eat / coffee / dry off / read notes. But I actually enjoyed doubling up - I felt like I was warmed up for the second one. The latter cb on the double day was the best one I did.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:52 pm

basketofbread wrote:Definitely give yourself a decent amount of time in between them, to eat / coffee / dry off / read notes. But I actually enjoyed doubling up - I felt like I was warmed up for the second one. The latter cb on the double day was the best one I did.
Anon from above who is doubling up. Getting a little nervous about only giving myself an hour in between now lol, but yeah, I am actually looking forward to just getting in a groove and just going with it for the day.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”