NY Offers Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NY Offers

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:33 pm

Anything from PW NY today?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland or debevoise?
Kirkland offer two days after my Monday cb
Anyone hear from wed 8/8?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:K&S offer today.
When was your CB, and with which group?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Anyone who did a cb with Latham, any sense of what the timeline is?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:10 pm

Any Shearman offers from 08/08 or DPW from 08/09? Don’t know the turnaround of either tbh.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Akin NY offer today, CB 8/6. Guy who called me implied that the hiring committee meets every Friday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who did a cb with Latham, any sense of what the timeline is?
I talked to the attorneys at Lavender Law today; they said it was usually about a week, but they were both from CA offices so hopefully NY is a bit faster.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Akin NY offer today, CB 8/6. Guy who called me implied that the hiring committee meets every Friday.
Any idea if this was the first wave, or did any offers go out before this week?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Akin NY offer today, CB 8/6. Guy who called me implied that the hiring committee meets every Friday.
Any idea if this was the first wave, or did any offers go out before this week?
OP here - I think this was the first wave (besides some pre-OCI stuff).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:07 pm

Proskauer NY Offer (CB 8/7 Tuesday)
Weil NY Offer (CB 8/8 Wednesday)

Both calls shortly after 5 or 6 today.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who did cb yesterday at freshfields NY got an offer yet? The afternoon/evening batch
nothing here

Lawstudent3692

New

Post by Lawstudent3692 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Just had my cb with Willkie. Hiring partner said they aren't meeting until next Tuesday, could be a couple of weeks. Not sure if/when they met last, though
You are an actual hero. THANK YOU!! When i went Monday they said they most likely wouldn't be able to get back to me this week since it's their first week. Why do you think it'll be a few weeks though, i'd think they'd send out offers/dings shortly after their meeting on Tuesday
I have no idea. They said they only meet once or twice a week and are having super interviews next week, so maybe they only do a small batch at a time? I definitely assume it will be closer to late next week.
ohh i see, super day is definitely guna throw a wrench in our callbacks. Thanks for the insight! Hopefully we won't have to wait tooo much longer. Also anyone with a Willkie CB- did you get a lot of behavioral questions or did i just get really unlucky?
I did not have behavioral questions at Willkie.
Two of my interviewers basically only asked behavioral questions and whenever I stopped talking, they said "great" and moved onto another question. The other two were only conversations.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:05 pm

I had a recent CB with Willkie too. 4 interviews followed by an interview with the hiring partner. Every interview was conversational - I don't remember any behavioral questions. Interviewers were nice & relaxed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 pm

Allen and Overy ding ~week after CB, which was last week, pre-OCI/EIW

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anybody know the etiquette on how to tell a firm that you have an offer from another firm about to expire and nudging them to give you a decision?
Bump

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Allen and Overy ding ~week after CB, which was last week, pre-OCI/EIW
Can I ask t14/class rank?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:17 pm

Anyone from Latham NY (cb on 8/9)? Saw on some older threads that Latham NY tends to have a 1-2 day turnaround so... :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from Latham NY (cb on 8/9)? Saw on some older threads that Latham NY tends to have a 1-2 day turnaround so... :(
cb this week and also haven't heard.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had a recent CB with Willkie too. 4 interviews followed by an interview with the hiring partner. Every interview was conversational - I don't remember any behavioral questions. Interviewers were nice & relaxed.
I got the hiring partner interview as well, but the last interviewer put me in a waiting room for a while before I went to see her. I was wondering if it was indicative of my performance, like a second level?

Side note, I told them that if I got the Willkie offer I would take it, but I got another offer from a different right after my interview. Would it be terrible at this point to decline the Willkie offer if I got it?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any DPW from Monday or Tuesday? (I know this is pretty early but figured I'd put it out there in case anyone hears back over the next few days)!
NO news from Monday. :oops:
DPW offer on Wednesday from Tuesday CB

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I had a recent CB with Willkie too. 4 interviews followed by an interview with the hiring partner. Every interview was conversational - I don't remember any behavioral questions. Interviewers were nice & relaxed.
I got the hiring partner interview as well, but the last interviewer put me in a waiting room for a while before I went to see her. I was wondering if it was indicative of my performance, like a second level?

Side note, I told them that if I got the Willkie offer I would take it, but I got another offer from a different right after my interview. Would it be terrible at this point to decline the Willkie offer if I got it?
grades?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who had a callback with STB last week hear back yet?
Nobody I know who was there has heard anything. Did anyone ask their timeline? I forgot to ask at the end of the CB.
Not last week, but CB this Tuesday 8/7, offer today around 1

Lawstudent3692

New

Post by Lawstudent3692 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

grades?
Not great, bottom half. But from T14 school, great softs, great interviewing skills, not weird. I'm pretty confident I'll get an offer, but the offer I got is at a slightly better firm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Dont mean to disappoint but this is standard for Willkie- we (about everyone on monday) were put back in the conference room, had to wait our turn, then met with the hiring partner as well. Dont think it means much. But also dont worry about what you said to them- do whats best for YOU. Ultimately you'll be working there for years- so choose whats guna be best for you

Lawstudent3692

New

Post by Lawstudent3692 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Dont mean to disappoint but this is standard for Willkie- we (about everyone on monday) were put back in the conference room, had to wait our turn, then met with the hiring partner as well. Dont think it means much. But also dont worry about what you said to them- do whats best for YOU. Ultimately you'll be working there for years- so choose whats guna be best for you
No disappointment, thank you for the update and the advice!! You're definitely right, I just feel bad. Should probably get the offer before I get too far into this anyway!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”