NY Offers Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NY Offers

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Nixon Peabody movement?
I know someone who received an offer and accepted it - so only one potential spot left :/
Any idea when they heard?
This past Tuesday
Well that sucks. It would be nice for the sake of closure if they would actually ding me!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:17 pm

Anyone on hold at Stroock ever receive any movement/follow-up?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:14 pm

any Jones Day movement recently?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Patterson or Selendy?
Patterson has a few offers out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:47 pm

Has anyone heard from Proskauer?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Proskauer?
ding end of last week from "waitlist"

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Kelley Drye? Dings or offers?
Ding, yes.
I know some folks had offers a couple weeks back
Thank you for the feedback. How fast of a turnaround was the ding from the CB? And do you know if any of the folks with offers accepted?
Bump
My buddy got a check-in e-mail a little under two weeks ago asking if he had any other offers and stating that he was still in consideration.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Any MoFo movement this week?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:30 pm

Norton Rose offer via mass mail (cb 9/6)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:41 am

Any Ropes movement recently?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just declined offers at Akin Gump, Kramer Levin, Jones Day, Goodwin, and Proskauer. Hope that frees up some spots for y'all!
Where are you going?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Any Baker Botts movement recently?

brainking

New

Post by brainking » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:Norton Rose offer via mass mail (cb 9/6)
+1

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Any Morgan Lewis from cb this week?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any Morgan Lewis from cb this week?
hate to tell you, but i just scheduled my callback there for next week. You may have to wait until they interview everyone. but maybe not- did they happen to tell you how many spots are still open?
also very surprised they're paying for all these CBs if there's only a limited amount of spots left. Kind of discouraging as well

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
hate to tell you, but i just scheduled my callback there for next week. You may have to wait until they interview everyone. but maybe not- did they happen to tell you how many spots are still open?
also very surprised they're paying for all these CBs if there's only a limited amount of spots left. Kind of discouraging as well
Thanks — this was helpful! They told me there are only 1-2 spots left so maybe I didn’t make it after all. Good luck to you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks — this was helpful! They told me there are only 1-2 spots left so maybe I didn’t make it after all. Good luck to you!
thanks! I definitely don't think its over, i think they're waiting to interview everyone first and then decide, rather than on a rolling basis. Only because there aren't as many spaces open. I also got my CB through my school's simplicity, and they posted it on 9/5 and our resumes weren't submitted until the 12th. So they already knew they were going to potentially callback more people on/before the 5th for next week. so i don't think its because they didn't find a candidate they liked from this week

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
thanks! I definitely don't think its over, i think they're waiting to interview everyone first and then decide, rather than on a rolling basis. Only because there aren't as many spaces open. I also got my CB through my school's simplicity, and they posted it on 9/5 and our resumes weren't submitted until the 12th. So they already knew they were going to potentially callback more people on/before the 5th for next week. so i don't think its because they didn't find a candidate they liked from this week
update: just got the offer!! :D :D

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
amazing congrats!! Maybe they're giving out one offer this week and one next? Anyway that's awesome and gives me some hope- maybe ill see you there next summer :) do you have any tips for the interview??

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
amazing congrats!! Maybe they're giving out one offer this week and one next? Anyway that's awesome and gives me some hope- maybe ill see you there next summer :) do you have any tips for the interview??

I didn't do it any differently than my other ones -- I would just know my resume inside out, and be ready to explain a legal issue you worked on this summer really clearly, as one of my interviewer definitely drilled me on that (coming up with different hypos etc). For another partner we chatted about a group project experience the entire time, so make sure you have a story there! Finally, you will also have a full 20-min interview with recruiting (mostly behavioral questions) at the end so definitely don't take it for granted and treat it like a real interview. Overall it was 5 interviews, but the people were really nice and pleasant. Best of luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I didn't do it any differently than my other ones -- I would just know my resume inside out, and be ready to explain a legal issue you worked on this summer really clearly, as one of my interviewer definitely drilled me on that (coming up with different hypos etc). For another partner we chatted about a group project experience the entire time, so make sure you have a story there! Finally, you will also have a full 20-min interview with recruiting (mostly behavioral questions) at the end so definitely don't take it for granted and treat it like a real interview. Overall it was 5 interviews, but the people were really nice and pleasant. Best of luck!
WOW! Thank you so SO much- seriously I really appreciate this. You're the absolute best. it really helps just to have an idea for what i'm up for and mentally prepare for it- especially since those are probably the only stories I don't have prepared- so again thanks!! Hope to see you next summer! :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:40 pm

Anyone have a winston callback beginning of last week and hear back yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:50 pm

Any word on Seward & Kissel offers? I remember them saying that offers would start going out in early September, so I’m curious if people have heard

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word on Seward & Kissel offers? I remember them saying that offers would start going out in early September, so I’m curious if people have heard
They sent out a round of rejections at least

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word on Seward & Kissel offers? I remember them saying that offers would start going out in early September, so I’m curious if people have heard
I haven’t heard anything yet either.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”