NY Offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
11111111

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:32 am

NY Offers

Postby 11111111 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:22 pm

It's time of the year when we want to know if offers are out yet.

Did anyone receive an offer from callback (during OCI or EIW)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:14 pm

Very happy about topic. Had a CB at willkie this week- so any news on offers would be great.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Very happy about topic. Had a CB at willkie this week- so any news on offers would be great.

already? I didn’t think they started interviewing until the 14th. did you apply pre-OCI or something?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:44 pm

Also interested. Interviewed with a few V10s post-OCI. No word yet (although neither is known for same-day/next-day turnaround).

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Very happy about topic. Had a CB at willkie this week- so any news on offers would be great.

already? I didn’t think they started interviewing until the 14th. did you apply pre-OCI or something?


I did, and there were others there that had pre-OCI screeners. Though there was someone there from my school (GULC) who got their CB from OCI (Willkie went to our school first on the T14 list). I think the 14th is their "super day", so they might try to schedule people then, or perhaps this week got filled up quickly by GULC. Did they tell you that the 14th is definitely the first day?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:32 pm

Any cadwalader or Clifford Chance offers ?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Any Linklaters offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Also interested. Interviewed with a few V10s post-OCI. No word yet (although neither is known for same-day/next-day turnaround).


DPW. CB on Monday and nothing yet. (heard the turnaround is 24hrs so...) I am not optimistic.

Lawstudent3692

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: NY Offers

Postby Lawstudent3692 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Very happy about topic. Had a CB at willkie this week- so any news on offers would be great.

already? I didn’t think they started interviewing until the 14th. did you apply pre-OCI or something?


I did, and there were others there that had pre-OCI screeners. Though there was someone there from my school (GULC) who got their CB from OCI (Willkie went to our school first on the T14 list). I think the 14th is their "super day", so they might try to schedule people then, or perhaps this week got filled up quickly by GULC. Did they tell you that the 14th is definitely the first day?



I have a cb on Friday with Willkie. Got called back during screener (from GULC). I signed up through their portal

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:56 pm

Offer from K and S NYC

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:57 pm

cb with Goodwin yesterday, haven't heard back. Any news from others would be great.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:00 pm

Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Very happy about topic. Had a CB at willkie this week- so any news on offers would be great.

already? I didn’t think they started interviewing until the 14th. did you apply pre-OCI or something?


I did, and there were others there that had pre-OCI screeners. Though there was someone there from my school (GULC) who got their CB from OCI (Willkie went to our school first on the T14 list). I think the 14th is their "super day", so they might try to schedule people then, or perhaps this week got filled up quickly by GULC. Did they tell you that the 14th is definitely the first day?



I have a cb on Friday with Willkie. Got called back during screener (from GULC). I signed up through their portal


Yep so sounds like Willkie is scheduling GULC for this whole week so we probably took up most of the slots. Good luck! please post if you hear back from them (ill be sure to do the same)

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offer from K and S NYC


When was your cb?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offer from K and S NYC


When was your cb?


On Sunday (odd time), for the transactional team. Found out a couple hours after

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Freshfields offer Tuesday morning, CB Monday afternoon

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:37 pm

Anyone receive an offer from Paul Weiss and if they don't mind posting their stats and the wait time from CB to offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:42 pm

Any Jones Day offers? Timeline from CB to offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Also interested. Interviewed with a few V10s post-OCI. No word yet (although neither is known for same-day/next-day turnaround).


DPW. CB on Monday and nothing yet. (heard the turnaround is 24hrs so...) I am not optimistic.


DPW hiring admin told me turnaround was usually 3-4 days. On TLS is sounds like DPW is pretty erratic, sometimes does same day offers, other times takes a week or more.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Very happy about topic. Had a CB at willkie this week- so any news on offers would be great.

already? I didn’t think they started interviewing until the 14th. did you apply pre-OCI or something?


I did, and there were others there that had pre-OCI screeners. Though there was someone there from my school (GULC) who got their CB from OCI (Willkie went to our school first on the T14 list). I think the 14th is their "super day", so they might try to schedule people then, or perhaps this week got filled up quickly by GULC. Did they tell you that the 14th is definitely the first day?



I have a cb on Friday with Willkie. Got called back during screener (from GULC). I signed up through their portal


Yep so sounds like Willkie is scheduling GULC for this whole week so we probably took up most of the slots. Good luck! please post if you hear back from them (ill be sure to do the same)

gahhhh damn

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone receive an offer from Paul Weiss and if they don't mind posting their stats and the wait time from CB to offer?


CB to offer was 3 days, including weekend. They've been pretty erratic though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:52 pm

STB cb yesterday morning, offer this afternoon

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone receive an offer from Paul Weiss and if they don't mind posting their stats and the wait time from CB to offer?


CB to offer was 3 days, including weekend. They've been pretty erratic though.


Did you interview last Friday and get the offer yesterday, by chance? I had CB last Friday, so I'm trying to figure out if I should just expect a ding at this point.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:47 pm

has anyone heard from their kirkland cb?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone receive an offer from Paul Weiss and if they don't mind posting their stats and the wait time from CB to offer?


CB to offer was 3 days, including weekend. They've been pretty erratic though.


Did you interview last Friday and get the offer yesterday, by chance? I had CB last Friday, so I'm trying to figure out if I should just expect a ding at this point.


No, but I don't think it means anything. I've heard their hiring committee meets once a week. Or maybe one of your interviewers hasn't submitted their evaluation yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325878
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:26 pm

Anyone have a CB with Goodwin yet and receive an offer?



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.