Should I be worried? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Should I be worried?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:54 am

Asked people at my SA about offers etc. Other job fairs came up and they wouldn’t rule out that I shouldnt be applying to other jobs. Was told that applying to other jobs would just be to cover all of my bases. Should I be worried? Other than this the summer has gone really well thus far (very positive mid summer review and feedback) so is it possible that they weren’t willing to say don’t apply to other jobs because that would essentially confirm that I was getting an offer? This is a 120ish atty firm in NYC with relatively good offer rates historically

Anonymous User

Re: Should I be worried?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:Asked people at my SA about offers etc. Other job fairs came up and they wouldn’t rule out that I shouldnt be applying to other jobs. Was told that applying to other jobs would just be to cover all of my bases. Should I be worried? Other than this the summer has gone really well thus far (very positive mid summer review and feedback) so is it possible that they weren’t willing to say don’t apply to other jobs because that would essentially confirm that I was getting an offer? This is a 120ish atty firm in NYC with relatively good offer rates historically
Wait, attorneys at the firm you are spending the summer with told you to continue to apply to other jobs? Uh... yeah, I'd be worried.

Anonymous User

Re: Should I be worried?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:50 am

Eh, I think the fact that they can’t confirm you have an offer until you have an offer is part of it. Because they could well believe you should get an offer but not want you to eliminate your options in case something weird happens. At least, I’d feel super uncomfortable telling someone we hadn’t yet made an offer to that they shouldn’t attend other job fairs. (That said, I’ve never been in that position.)

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”