Callbacks after phone interview? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callbacks after phone interview?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:13 pm

I'm interning in one of NY/DC/SF, and I recently got four requests for phone interviews from firms in NY/DC/SF (but not the city where I'm interning). Am I at a disadvantage, given that I'm not interviewing in person? Do I still have a decent shot at a callback?

Anonymous User

Re: Callbacks after phone interview?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:17 pm

Honestly I think you're more likely to get a callback in this scenario because the interviewer is probably just doing one interview instead of 15 in a row. You don't have to beat anyone else out for a callback. I think phone screeners are often more "make sure this guy is not terrible and (for smaller markets) has a reasonable likelihood of accepting the offer before we pay to bring him in" than a typical OCI screener. My (anecdotal) experience with phone interviews was a better rate of callbacks, but I guess it's possible that I'm just better over the phone.

That said...a lot of this just depends on you and the person interviewing you.

Anonymous User

Re: Callbacks after phone interview?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:33 pm

In person screener sounds horrible. I have converted 3 of my 4 phone screeners this summer and I don't think I interview particularly well (but I am kind of hard on myself).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”