When to follow up after mass mailing Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

When to follow up after mass mailing

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:08 am

I mass mailed to about 40 firms in DC between mid-June and now, mostly at firms that aren't coming to my school's OCI (T25). I got a couple screeners, one callback and a couple of dings, but by and large it's been radio silence. What's the best way to go about following up to let recruiters know I'm still very interested in interviewing? I let everyone know that I'm in DC for the summer but I'll be leaving next week.

Anonymous User

Re: When to follow up after mass mailing

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I mass mailed to about 40 firms in DC between mid-June and now, mostly at firms that aren't coming to my school's OCI (T25). I got a couple screeners, one callback and a couple of dings, but by and large it's been radio silence. What's the best way to go about following up to let recruiters know I'm still very interested in interviewing? I let everyone know that I'm in DC for the summer but I'll be leaving next week.
Have you received journal assignment since then? If so that's a good excuse to follow-up. Also remind them that you're in town until next week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I mass mailed to about 40 firms in DC between mid-June and now, mostly at firms that aren't coming to my school's OCI (T25). I got a couple screeners, one callback and a couple of dings, but by and large it's been radio silence. What's the best way to go about following up to let recruiters know I'm still very interested in interviewing? I let everyone know that I'm in DC for the summer but I'll be leaving next week.
Have you received journal assignment since then? If so that's a good excuse to follow-up. Also remind them that you're in town until next week.
Should've included that - I received journal results right before July 4 (I made law review), and sent updates to all of the firms then. Other than a couple of "congrats, I'll update your file" emails, I've heard nothing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Should've included that - I received journal results right before July 4 (I made law review), and sent updates to all of the firms then. Other than a couple of "congrats, I'll update your file" emails, I've heard nothing.
Assuming you're leaving at the end of next week, I'd follow-up Wed/Thurs this week to let them know you're leaving town on X date and would like to come in for an interview before then if possible.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”