Page 1 of 16

GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:21 pm
by Anonymous User
Surprised we don't have one yet.
Anyone?

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:58 am
by Anonymous User
..

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:42 am
by Anonymous User
post deleted

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:02 pm
by Anonymous User
3.5X (just shy of top 15%). Interests are DC lit and two regulatory areas. Right now all firms are DC (by far my preferred area) but I'm looking for some help on which firms are probably not worth bidding on and which NY firms I could potentially replace them with. I'd also appreciate help on changing my bid orders.

1 Latham & Watkins
2 Ropes & Gray
3 Morgan Lewis
4 King & Spalding
5 Hogan Lovells
6 Alston Bird
7 Jones Day
8 White & Case
9 Weil Gotshal
10 Crowel & Moring
11 Baker Botts
12 Freshfields
13 Akin Gump
14 O'Melveny & Myers
15 Morrison & Foerster
16 Paul Weiss
17 Boies Schiller
18 Hunton Andrews Kurth
19 Skadden Arps
20 Paul Hastings
21 Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
22 Dechert
23 Orrick
24 McDemott Will & Emery
25 Axinn Veltrop
26 Venable
27 Linklaters
28 Baker Hostetler
29 Arent Fox
30 Sidley Austin
31 Quinn Emmanuel
32 Mayer Brown
33 Winston & Strawn
34 Hollingsworth
35 Wiley Rein
36 Kirkland & Ellis
37 Vinson & Elkins
38 Foley & Lardner
39 Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy
40 Pillsbury
41 Willkie Farr & Gallagher
42 Goodwin
43 Norton Rose Fulbright
44 Fried Frank
45 Hughes Hubbard & Reed
46 Cozen O'Connor
47 Shearman & Sterling
48 Squire Patton Boggs
49 DLA Piper
50 Sutherland

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:10 pm
by Anonymous User
Anonymous User wrote:3.5X (just shy of top 15%). Interests are DC lit and two regulatory areas. Right now all firms are DC (by far my preferred area) but I'm looking for some help on which firms are probably not worth bidding on and which NY firms I could potentially replace them with. I'd also appreciate help on changing my bid orders.

1 Latham & Watkins
2 Ropes & Gray
3 Morgan Lewis
4 King & Spalding
5 Hogan Lovells
6 Alston Bird
7 Jones Day
8 White & Case
9 Weil Gotshal
10 Crowel & Moring
11 Baker Botts
12 Freshfields
13 Akin Gump
14 O'Melveny & Myers
15 Morrison & Foerster
16 Paul Weiss
17 Boies Schiller
18 Hunton Andrews Kurth
19 Skadden Arps
20 Paul Hastings
21 Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
22 Dechert
23 Orrick
24 McDemott Will & Emery
25 Axinn Veltrop
26 Venable
27 Linklaters
28 Baker Hostetler
29 Arent Fox
30 Sidley Austin
31 Quinn Emmanuel
32 Mayer Brown
33 Winston & Strawn
34 Hollingsworth
35 Wiley Rein
36 Kirkland & Ellis
37 Vinson & Elkins
38 Foley & Lardner
39 Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy
40 Pillsbury
41 Willkie Farr & Gallagher
42 Goodwin
43 Norton Rose Fulbright
44 Fried Frank
45 Hughes Hubbard & Reed
46 Cozen O'Connor
47 Shearman & Sterling
48 Squire Patton Boggs
49 DLA Piper
50 Sutherland


This is pretty spot on. I'd move Orrick up a few spots to account for their increasing popularity at EIW, but otherwise it's a good list.

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:51 pm
by Anonymous User
Whats up Hoyas. I'm sitting with a 3.2X with strong ties to CA and TX, and some to Seattle.
Any advice? Is my bid list going to have to be all NY?

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:09 pm
by Anonymous User
Anonymous User wrote:Whats up Hoyas. I'm sitting with a 3.2X with strong ties to CA and TX, and some to Seattle.
Any advice? Is my bid list going to have to be all NY?


Yes, all NYC with huge classes and some luck.

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:03 pm
by Anonymous User
I also have a 3.2X...(5). Bidding TX and NY.

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:46 pm
by Anonymous User
GULC is a factory.

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:11 pm
by Anonymous User
3.33 interested in transactional work. Technical science background (non-engineering) and from CA. All bids are NYC unless otherwise stated. Thank you!

1 Paul Hastings
2 Goodwin
3 Weil
4 Milbank
5 Orrick
6 White & Case
7 Morgan Lewis
8 Schulte
9 Akin
10 WIllkie
11 Cahill
12 Wilson (Palo Alto)
13 Cadwalader
14 Milbank (LA)
15 Greenberg
16 Dechert
17 Fried Frank
18 DLA
19 Mayer Brown
20 Linklaters
21 Cooley
22 WIlson (DC)
23 Sidley
24 Ropes
25 Proskauer
26 Shearman
27 Winston
28 Clifford
29 Wilmer
30 Norton

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:30 am
by Anonymous User
3.8x, leaning litigation (white collar) but also very interested in trying transactional, equally torn between DC and NYC. any advice appreciated!
1. Gibson Dunn: DC
2. Davis Polk: NYC
3. Williams & Connolly: DC
4. WilmerHale: DC
Arnold & Porter: DC
6. Ropes & Grey: DC/NYC
7. Steptoe: DC
8. Covington: DC
9. Covington: NYC
10. Hogan Lovells: DC
11. Cleary: DC
12. Cleary: NYC
13. WilmerHale: NYC
14. Paul Weiss: NYC
15. Jones Day: DC
16. Sullivan & Cromwell: NYC
17. Sidley Austin: DC
18. Latham & Watkins: DC
19. O’Melveny & Myers: NYC
20. Akin Gump: NYC
21. Debevoise: DC
22. Debevoise: NYC
23. Paul Hastings: NYC
24. Clifford Chance: DC
25. Clifford Chance: NYC
26. Foley & Lardner: DC
27. King & Spalding: DC
28. Proskauer: NYC
29. White & Case: NYC
30: Orrick: NYC

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:14 am
by Anonymous User
Anonymous User wrote:3.8x, leaning litigation (white collar) but also very interested in trying transactional, equally torn between DC and NYC. any advice appreciated!
1. Gibson Dunn: DC
2. Davis Polk: NYC
3. Williams & Connolly: DC
4. WilmerHale: DC
Arnold & Porter: DC
6. Ropes & Grey: DC/NYC
7. Steptoe: DC
8. Covington: DC
9. Covington: NYC
10. Hogan Lovells: DC
11. Cleary: DC
12. Cleary: NYC
13. WilmerHale: NYC
14. Paul Weiss: NYC
15. Jones Day: DC
16. Sullivan & Cromwell: NYC
17. Sidley Austin: DC
18. Latham & Watkins: DC
19. O’Melveny & Myers: NYC
20. Akin Gump: NYC
21. Debevoise: DC
22. Debevoise: NYC
23. Paul Hastings: NYC
24. Clifford Chance: DC
25. Clifford Chance: NYC
26. Foley & Lardner: DC
27. King & Spalding: DC
28. Proskauer: NYC
29. White & Case: NYC
30: Orrick: NYC


Are you only bidding 30? If not you can safely move foley and lardner down to the bottom because you will probably be pre-selected. This list looks good. Depending on how ok you would be with NYC I would throw Cravath, Skadden, and Simpson thatcher in your top 10 as they are all NY firms with huge classes but also a high GPA that you clear.

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:21 pm
by ml0606148
let's revive this thread

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:43 am
by BOSStongrl
Very happy theres a thread for this. Anyone have any issues during open sign up? Im 100% positive i clicked on Jones Day for NYC.. i checked this morning and somehow its now the Boston office

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:49 pm
by Anonymous User
BOSStongrl wrote:Very happy theres a thread for this. Anyone have any issues during open sign up? Im 100% positive i clicked on Jones Day for NYC.. i checked this morning and somehow its now the Boston office


Sometimes interviewers will interview for many of their offices in the same time slot (generally for secondary markets/smaller offices). As long as you indicate your interest in the right market during the interview, it should be OK.

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:56 pm
by BOSStongrl
Anonymous User wrote:
BOSStongrl wrote:Very happy theres a thread for this. Anyone have any issues during open sign up? Im 100% positive i clicked on Jones Day for NYC.. i checked this morning and somehow its now the Boston office


Sometimes interviewers will interview for many of their offices in the same time slot (generally for secondary markets/smaller offices). As long as you indicate your interest in the right market during the interview, it should be OK.


phew awesome okay. It's just weird that on my schedule it says Jones Day (Boston, MA). It should say (Boston, NYC, etc). I did this with DLA Piper too- but ended up cancelling because it was the DC office (wanted NYC), so now i'm thinking they just list one of their offices, but are interviewing for others at the same time. I hope anyway

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:02 pm
by Anonymous User
BOSStongrl wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
BOSStongrl wrote:Very happy theres a thread for this. Anyone have any issues during open sign up? Im 100% positive i clicked on Jones Day for NYC.. i checked this morning and somehow its now the Boston office


Sometimes interviewers will interview for many of their offices in the same time slot (generally for secondary markets/smaller offices). As long as you indicate your interest in the right market during the interview, it should be OK.


phew awesome okay. It's just weird that on my schedule it says Jones Day (Boston, MA). It should say (Boston, NYC, etc). I did this with DLA Piper too- but ended up cancelling because it was the DC office (wanted NYC), so now i'm thinking they just list one of their offices, but are interviewing for others at the same time. I hope anyway


On my Symplicity, NY and Boston are on the same schedule. Interviewer initials are JS and PB.

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:13 pm
by BOSStongrl
Anonymous User wrote:
BOSStongrl wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
BOSStongrl wrote:Very happy theres a thread for this. Anyone have any issues during open sign up? Im 100% positive i clicked on Jones Day for NYC.. i checked this morning and somehow its now the Boston office


Sometimes interviewers will interview for many of their offices in the same time slot (generally for secondary markets/smaller offices). As long as you indicate your interest in the right market during the interview, it should be OK.


phew awesome okay. It's just weird that on my schedule it says Jones Day (Boston, MA). It should say (Boston, NYC, etc). I did this with DLA Piper too- but ended up cancelling because it was the DC office (wanted NYC), so now i'm thinking they just list one of their offices, but are interviewing for others at the same time. I hope anyway


On my Symplicity, NY and Boston are on the same schedule. Interviewer initials are JS and PB.


ah thank you you're amazing! Was worried maybe I did screw up somehow

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:15 pm
by BOSStongrl
So next question (i'm a transfer and don't have a clue what to do half the time) but how do you find a list of what firms have a hospitality suite, and where/when they have it?

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:31 pm
by Anonymous User
BOSStongrl wrote:So next question (i'm a transfer and don't have a clue what to do half the time) but how do you find a list of what firms have a hospitality suite, and where/when they have it?


I think it was up by this time last year, but there's a section on the student portal under hiring programs (EIW) which contains the link. We should get an email within the next two days about it. The link generally contains information on the firms with hospitality suites and their locations in the hotel.

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:39 pm
by BOSStongrl
Anonymous User wrote:
BOSStongrl wrote:So next question (i'm a transfer and don't have a clue what to do half the time) but how do you find a list of what firms have a hospitality suite, and where/when they have it?


I think it was up by this time last year, but there's a section on the student portal under hiring programs (EIW) which contains the link. We should get an email within the next two days about it. The link generally contains information on the firms with hospitality suites and their locations in the hotel.


great thanks so much!! I found it but for anyone else reading- it still says "coming soon". feel like we should have it by now so we'd have time to research the firms

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:03 pm
by Anonymous User
Happy first day of oci! Any callbacks already?

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:12 pm
by Anonymous User
CB Goodwin NY via email

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:41 pm
by Anonymous User
Morgan Lewis NY CB

Re: GULC EIW 2018

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:56 pm
by Anonymous User
Anonymous User wrote:CB Goodwin NY via email


interviewer initials?