Midwest T25+ OCI 2018 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Midwest T25+ OCI 2018

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:36 pm

Discussion for OCI at midwest schools ranked around the top 25 (WUSTL, Minnesota, ND, Iowa, Wisconsin, IU, UIUC, etc.) There probably aren't enough people on here to have threads for each school, so let's all discuss in here. Post bid lists, screeners, pre-OCI news, callback info, etc. and give school, GPA, rank, and journal if possible when providing info.

Anonymous User

Re: Midwest T25+ OCI 2018

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:55 am

Notre Dame student here. Making my bid list and trying to decide whether to bid Kirkland & Ellis DC or Chicago. Which office is considered less competitive to get an SA position with?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:Notre Dame student here. Making my bid list and trying to decide whether to bid Kirkland & Ellis DC or Chicago. Which office is considered less competitive to get an SA position with?
Chi is probably easier. I also know the DC office has given offers pre-OCI via a friend at my school.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Notre Dame student here. Making my bid list and trying to decide whether to bid Kirkland & Ellis DC or Chicago. Which office is considered less competitive to get an SA position with?
Chi is probably easier. I also know the DC office has given offers pre-OCI via a friend at my school.
This depends on school. Know they also do NOT do pre-OCI at some T-14 they are going to OCI for.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
This depends on school. Know they also do NOT do pre-OCI at some T-14 they are going to OCI for.
This is false. Kirkland comes to my t13 oci and has made pre oci offers to people at my school each of the past few years. They can and will make offers if they want you enough before oci even if they go to your oci.

Edit: also try chicago. Kirkland dc is one of the most competitive gigs to get in dc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
This is false. Kirkland comes to my t13 oci and has made pre oci offers to people at my school each of the past few years. They can and will make offers if they want you enough before oci even if they go to your oci.

Edit: also try chicago. Kirkland dc is one of the most competitive gigs to get in dc.
I said "some" buddy

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I said "some" buddy
lol why would a firm be selective about which t14 to shut out of pre-OCI? You're just blowing smoke.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I said "some" buddy
lol why would a firm be selective about which t14 to shut out of pre-OCI? You're just blowing smoke.
No, I'm not. Firms recruit different schools differently. A firm isn't going to want to do pre-OCI interviews for a place where a lot of kids want to go to THAT city and THAT firm. Sidley Chicago, for example, would probably just want to screen mostly everyone at Northwestern and UChicago. Makes no sense for them to waste resources pre-OCI, when they know a lot of kids from there want to go to Sidley Chicago. But they might give a pre-OCI interview to someone who is from Berkeley and in Chicago for the summer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I said "some" buddy
Because Duke > UVA duh

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:41 am

ND bid list. GPA between 3.4 and 3.5. Still waiting to hear about journals.

1. Latham
2. K&E Chicago
3. Baker Botts
4. Sidley
5. Jenner & Block
6. MWE
7. Holland & Knight
8. Baker McKenzie
9. mcguirewoods
10. Foley & Lardner
11. Holland & Hart
12. eversheds sutherland
13. Orrick
14. Snell & Wilmer
15. Ropes & Gray
16. Polsinelli
17. Vedder Price
18. Chapman & Cutler
19. Sheppard Mullin
20. Greenberg Traurig
21. Winston & Strawn
22. Mayer Brown
23. Perkins Coie

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:49 pm

Any Notre Dame people get callbacks from NY OCIP yet?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”