Lateral from LA to Chicago Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Lateral from LA to Chicago

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:51 am

My wife accepted a job in Chicago and we will be moving from LA to Chicago. I am a third year associate at a V30-50 in LA. Real estate group. Graduated from UCLA with a 3.8 gpa.

What firms should I be looking at in Chicago? Should I work with a recruiter?

Thanks for the help.

trebekismyhero

Silver

Re: Lateral from LA to Chicago

Post by trebekismyhero » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My wife accepted a job in Chicago and we will be moving from LA to Chicago. I am a third year associate at a V30-50 in LA. Real estate group. Graduated from UCLA with a 3.8 gpa.

What firms should I be looking at in Chicago? Should I work with a recruiter?

Thanks for the help.
Assuming your current firm does not have a Chicago office. Recruiters can help. No harm in using them. With your credentials you should be in play almost anywhere in the city. Just hit up every big firm. Kirkland is obviously the biggest, but not sure about their RE practice. Sidley has a pretty good size RE practice. Barack Ferrazano is a mostly market paying mid-size firm with a big focus on real estate

kiddie114

New

Re: Lateral from LA to Chicago

Post by kiddie114 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:12 pm

kirkland, sidley, name it. but real estate group slow though these days so likely only big firms will take you. and i havent seen real estate groupmid level opening for a while. for your credentials this might be a bad timing to lateral.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”