Fordham OCI 2018

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:47 am

Ropes ding via email

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:46 am

Schulte ding via email

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:47 am

Schulte ding via email

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:03 pm

V&E ding via email

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:16 pm

Linklaters ding via email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:48 pm

Any Paul Hastings dings yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:11 pm

White & Case ding via email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:13 pm

Schiff ding via email

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Any offers yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:47 pm

so how many of you did/didnt do thank you notes and do you think it made a difference?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:12 pm

Lol the one firm I sent a thank-you email to rejected me. Didn’t send any to other firms and got CBs from them. I don’t think they help or hurt - but honestly I don’t think they do anything (maybe with exception to a small or midsize law firm where personal emails might mean more??)...

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:26 pm

Didn’t send any thank you notes. At any panel session I attended this year, speakers always mentioned that thank you notes can only hurt and would never help.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:08 am

Obviously anecdotal, but every firm I sent a thank you note to has responded favorably to receiving it. I’ve been told by several partners (all at V50 firms) that they expect thank you notes. I don’t know if it appreciably helps candidates, but my view was that I didn’t want to hurt myself by not sending them since I was told my multiple (think 10+) partners that they’re expected.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:Obviously anecdotal, but every firm I sent a thank you note to has responded favorably to receiving it. I’ve been told by several partners (all at V50 firms) that they expect thank you notes. I don’t know if it appreciably helps candidates, but my view was that I didn’t want to hurt myself by not sending them since I was told my multiple (think 10+) partners that they’re expected.


10+ partners did not say this to you. This is a weird thing to lie about.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Obviously anecdotal, but every firm I sent a thank you note to has responded favorably to receiving it. I’ve been told by several partners (all at V50 firms) that they expect thank you notes. I don’t know if it appreciably helps candidates, but my view was that I didn’t want to hurt myself by not sending them since I was told my multiple (think 10+) partners that they’re expected.


10+ partners did not say this to you. This is a weird thing to lie about.


You’re right it would be a weird thing to lie about, which is why I didn’t lie. You don’t have to believe me but they absolutely did tell me that. Full disclosure: they are not networking contacts they are people I’ve known for a long time.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Obviously anecdotal, but every firm I sent a thank you note to has responded favorably to receiving it. I’ve been told by several partners (all at V50 firms) that they expect thank you notes. I don’t know if it appreciably helps candidates, but my view was that I didn’t want to hurt myself by not sending them since I was told my multiple (think 10+) partners that they’re expected.


10+ partners did not say this to you. This is a weird thing to lie about.


You’re right it would be a weird thing to lie about, which is why I didn’t lie. You don’t have to believe me but they absolutely did tell me that. Full disclosure: they are not networking contacts they are people I’ve known for a long time.


Nah, this did not happen. And if it did, law students should disregard anyway. I assure you, no one is getting dinged for lack of a thank you email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:14 am

Did anyone at least get a ding from O'Melveny?

I've given up hope as I'm sure this ship sailed but put me out of my misery.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:50 am

:oops:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Obviously anecdotal, but every firm I sent a thank you note to has responded favorably to receiving it. I’ve been told by several partners (all at V50 firms) that they expect thank you notes. I don’t know if it appreciably helps candidates, but my view was that I didn’t want to hurt myself by not sending them since I was told my multiple (think 10+) partners that they’re expected.


10+ partners did not say this to you. This is a weird thing to lie about.


You’re right it would be a weird thing to lie about, which is why I didn’t lie. You don’t have to believe me but they absolutely did tell me that. Full disclosure: they are not networking contacts they are people I’ve known for a long time.


Nah, this did not happen. And if it did, law students should disregard anyway. I assure you, no one is getting dinged for lack of a thank you email.


Did I say you’d be dinged without one? No. What I said is that I was told my multiple partners that they expect thank you notes and that I’ve had a favorable response when I’ve sent them.

I truly don’t care if you believe me and I did say it was anecdotal. I have no reason to lie about this. Believe what you want. I’m sure you’re going to have a great outcome regardless of whether or not you send thank yous.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone at least get a ding from O'Melveny?

I've given up hope as I'm sure this ship sailed but put me out of my misery.


I have not gotten a ding from OMM

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any offers yet?


Weil offer last Friday, had cb same day.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:31 am

still being ghosted by 9 firms

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone at least get a ding from O'Melveny?

I've given up hope as I'm sure this ship sailed but put me out of my misery.


I have not gotten a ding from OMM


Dinged by OMM via email today (1pm)

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Has anyone heard from mid-sized firms like Michelman & Robinson & Mitchell Steinberg & Knupp (MSK) ?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:59 pm

PH dings came out today

Anonymous User
Posts: 325803
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI 2018

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any offers yet?


4 offers at LW, KE, A&P, Cooley



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.