Mass mailing questions Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mass mailing questions

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:43 pm

Hey all. I’m a rising 2L at a T20. I’m getting some conflicting info from my CSO about mass mailing. They say only mass mail firms not coming to OCI. However, I’d like to work in the Bay Area, and I have an internship here this summer, so it’d be great to start interviewing while I’m already here. Should I take the CSO’s advice and wait, or can I mass mail firms now that I also plan on bidding on at OCI? I also haven’t been able to find much info about which Bay Area firms have gotten with the pre-OCI interviews trend.

My school doesn’t rank, but I have a 3.87, so I assume top 10% or at least close. Secondary journal and three years of paralegal experience before law school. Strong Bay Area ties.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

SomewhatLearnedHand

Bronze

Re: Mass mailing questions

Post by SomewhatLearnedHand » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Consensus on here seems to be mail everyone now since firms are starting to fill their classes pre oci. Also considering youre in the city already, you should be reaching out to alumni of your law school at firms youre targeting to set up coffee/informational interviews.

Anonymous User

Re: Mass mailing questions

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:58 pm

Thanks for the advice! I started mass mailing this weekend, so I’m hoping someone bites.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”