DOJ Honors Program 2018-2019 Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Bmzl

New

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2018-2019

Post by Bmzl » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:14 pm

Do all honors positions require the same clearance? If so what level?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I just got off the phone with my friend who works for at the San Antonio Immigration Court (hired last year under the DOJ Honor's Program) and she said she received information today that all the first-round offers for EOIR have been completed. She followed up that 2 people she works with didn't get offers until late January and to definitely hold out hope as an alternate. No idea how reliable this is though...

All first round offers for San Antonio or all first offers for all of EOIR?

From the activity on here it doesn't seem like 120+ offers have been made, but maybe we're overestimating this forum's representativeness?
I know that each location gets notified when all of the offers for :wink: that location have been accepted. not sure about them telling people when every first round offer has been made, I mean they dont even tell us :roll:
Employers always know more about a job search than applicants, though.
I guess the point im trying to make is JLC's dont care what round of offers DOJ is in, so it is unlikely HR would tell them. However, they DO care whether offers have been accepted at their location, which I have been told HR does.
Sounds like someone in San Antonio is gonna be getting a talking to

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I just got off the phone with my friend who works for at the San Antonio Immigration Court (hired last year under the DOJ Honor's Program) and she said she received information today that all the first-round offers for EOIR have been completed. She followed up that 2 people she works with didn't get offers until late January and to definitely hold out hope as an alternate. No idea how reliable this is though...

From the activity on here it doesn't seem like 120+ offers have been made, but maybe we're overestimating this forum's representativeness?
I know that each location gets notified when all of the offers for that location have been accepted. not sure about them telling people when every first round offer has been made, I mean they dont even tell us :roll:
I guess the point im trying to make is JLC's dont care what round of offers DOJ is in, so it is unlikely HR would tell them. However, they DO care whether offers have been accepted at their location, which I have been told HR does.
Current JLC here. Hiring has not finished for all locations.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I know that each location gets notified when all of the offers for that location have been accepted. not sure about them telling people when every first round offer has been made, I mean they dont even tell us :roll:
Thank you for this update. Do you have nay indication of when more offers will go out?

Also, is the office closed today in honor of President Bush? If so, is it safe to assume there will be no updates today?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for the clarification!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Alishba

New

Post by Alishba » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:47 pm

Finalist here, references checked a couple of weeks ago... Has anyone received an offer from the EOIR at 26 federal Plaza in NY?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:48 pm

Alishba wrote:Finalist here, references checked a couple of weeks ago... Has anyone received an offer from the EOIR at 26 federal Plaza in NY?
No, but also listed that location. Also curious if anyone has received an offer from OCIJ in Seattle or Bloomington, MN?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:05 pm

Just got an offer for EOIR San Antonio!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just got an offer for EOIR San Antonio!
Congrats!

And in other news...YIKES to that San Antonio post...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:36 pm

Bmzl wrote:Do all honors positions require the same clearance? If so what level?
I believe it's Secret or Top Secret, depending on the position

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just got an offer for EOIR San Antonio!
Congrats!

And in other news...YIKES to that San Antonio post...
Thank you!! OP here... just a heads up/in case you are curious for everyone else: got my offer today, I have until the end of December to accept. SA was my #2 choice (after Arlington). I'm from the southwest and attend law school here, but I went to college in Texas. I'm #notranked and on a journal, but not LR. I've had pretty extensive gov experience (this is my second stint at EOIR, and before that I worked at State). Good luck to everyone!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Bmzl wrote:Do all honors positions require the same clearance? If so what level?
I don't think most actually get a clearance, unless perhaps you're in the Nat. Security division. You go through a background check, and most are SF-85 (public trust), but not sure if all components (like civil) require that or not. Like, I was hired through the Honors program and I do not have an actual security clearance.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I don't think most actually get a clearance, unless perhaps you're in the Nat. Security division. You go through a background check, and most are SF-85 (public trust), but not sure if all components (like civil) require that or not. Like, I was hired through the Honors program and I do not have an actual security clearance.
EOIR does, I had to have one and I am the intern.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thank you for this update. Do you have nay indication of when more offers will go out?

Also, is the office closed today in honor of President Bush? If so, is it safe to assume there will be no updates today?
I unfortunately do not know when more offers will go out. I know for my court, offers have not been completed. I also know hiring has been much more delayed this year, presumably because there’s no actual attorney general. That being said, just because things are slower this year doesn’t mean you should give up hope.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:25 am

Received an offer today for Miami, planning on accepting tomorrow.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
amandaknotts wrote:
amandaknotts wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Received/Accepted offer for OCIJ in the Houston Immigration Court. Anyone aware of a Facebook group for OCIJ yet? Should we get a google doc going for the court offers?
Yes! We should!
I made a Google Doc for tracking EOIR OCIJ offers. I have scoured this thread for information about offers received and added it to the document. If you feel comfortable sharing, as offers come in, please add your information to the document (or add addition columns as necessary) at the below link. No names or contact info, unless you feel so inclined.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
This is great! Thanks for putting this together
Did anyone end up putting together an FB group?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:15 pm

According to AVUE, the Civil Rights Division and the Indian Country Fellowship met their HP hiring goals.

Any updates from OCIJ today?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:16 pm

Any OCIJ updates today?! (I take it none went out yesterday for anyone here?)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any OCIJ updates today?! (I take it none went out yesterday for anyone here?)
The silence over the past few days is deafening... Would also love an update regarding OCIJ if anyone has one.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:18 pm

I just received an offer via email from OCIJ for San Antonio. Unfortunately it came a little too late. I've already accepted another offer.

I interviewed on October 22. One reference was checked on November 5. Haven't heard from other references.

I said that I would be willing to go anywhere. I don't remember exactly how I ranked San Antonio, but I think it was pretty high?

First time applicant. From a sub top 100 law school, but near the top of my class. On the board of a specialty journal.

I think I hit most of the points that people ask about.

Good luck to everybody that's still waiting!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:38 pm

Was your offer you accepted from another agency?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:19 am

Was the offer you accepted from another federal agency Honors Program?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:45 pm

Just received an offer for OCIJ - Miami. I had my references checked in early November. I ranked it 5th I believe. Best of luck to all.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:02 pm

Received an offer at the Fort Worth court this morning. Best of luck to all.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:11 pm

Sorry don’t know how to reply to a particular post. I’m the person who got an ocij offer from San Antonio. The other offer wasn’t from the honors program.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”