Pre-OCI 2018 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Pre-OCI 2018

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Which DC firms do pre-OCI recruiting?
Almost all of them. The only one I know doesn’t is W&C. Jones Day DC has an offer out already. A bunch of other dc offices has callbacks already.
Also been told by some DC firms that they won't interview early if they're coming to OCI. So.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Almost all of them. The only one I know doesn’t is W&C. Jones Day DC has an offer out already. A bunch of other dc offices has callbacks already.
Also been told by some DC firms that they won't interview early if they're coming to OCI. So.
I won't list the firms out of respect to the people I know for certain have DC callbacks so I dont accidentally out them.

I can confirm 7 different DC offices in the v100 have made at least some callbacks already.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Skadden NY ding - should I even bid them at OCI? T1/top 15%
When did you apply?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I won't list the firms out of respect to the people I know for certain have DC callbacks so I dont accidentally out them.

I can confirm 7 different DC offices in the v100 have made at least some callbacks already.
Who are you going to out by saying that a firm has given callbacks? That's nonsensical. There's an anon feature here for a reason. No one knows who you are and how you got the information. It sounds like you're just making stuff up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

you're gonna out that someone knows an anonymous user on TLS?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Well, the fact is these are students I mentor from my school. In a few cases, these people may be easily identified given the firms in question have smaller class sizes. I rather not put anyone in an awkward spot if they have the only callback and some random recruiting person at firm X gets upset at them for sharing. Regardless, I did state that Jones Day has already given out an offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Well, the fact is these are students I mentor from my school. In a few cases, these people may be easily identified given the firms in question have smaller class sizes. I rather not put anyone in an awkward spot if they have the only callback and some random recruiting person at firm X gets upset at them for sharing. Regardless, I did state that Jones Day has already given out an offer.
No one believes you at this point tbh. You not wanting to share the firms - and do what this forum is designed for, which is be helpful, - is pretty telling that you're not really saying anything that's true. No firm expects someone they call for a callback to not tell anyone about it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

No one believes you at this point tbh. You not wanting to share the firms - and do what this forum is designed for, which is be helpful, - is pretty telling that you're not really saying anything that's true. No firm expects someone they call for a callback to not tell anyone about it.
Cool bro. I was being helpful but I apologize I couldnt be helpful enough for you. It is a true fact that at least 7 DC firms have given callbacks and Jones Day has an offer out. If you want more, then hopefully someone else can provide it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:51 pm

i believe you. ignore the mad 2ls-to-be who cry hysteria just bc ur not giving actual names. sure it may not be helpful to the extent that this thread's purpose is to get actual firm names, but even just alerting thread readers that movement is happening is important. just lol at not being able to understand how this is outting and therefore you must be a liar that no one believes in.
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:52 pm

Also been told by some DC firms that they won't interview early if they're coming to OCI. So.[/quote]

I can confirm 7 different DC offices in the v100 have made at least some callbacks already.[/quote]
you're gonna out that someone knows an anonymous user on TLS?[/quote]

Well, the fact is these are students I mentor from my school. In a few cases, these people may be easily identified given the firms in question have smaller class sizes. I rather not put anyone in an awkward spot if they have the only callback and some random recruiting person at firm X gets upset at them for sharing. Regardless, I did state that Jones Day has already given out an offer.[/quote]

No one believes you at this point tbh. You not wanting to share the firms - and do what this forum is designed for, which is be helpful, - is pretty telling that you're not really saying anything that's true. No firm expects someone they call for a callback to not tell anyone about it.[/quote]

Cool bro. I was being helpful but I apologize I couldnt be helpful enough for you. It is a true fact that at least 7 DC firms have given callbacks and Jones Day has an offer out. If you want more, then hopefully someone else can provide it.[/quote]

You could be helpful by just naming the firms - maybe rising 2Ls would then know which firms to target. That is helpful. You don't know anything about law firm recruiting/hiring if you think that you listing the firms would have any impact on anything at all. You're just coming on this thread to say something that adds no value. Throwing out the name Jones Day does nothing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:53 pm

Can anyone besides this joker actually provide the name of a firm that is doing Pre-OCI interviews/callbacks?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
You could be helpful by just naming the firms - maybe rising 2Ls would then know which firms to target. That is helpful. You don't know anything about law firm recruiting/hiring if you think that you listing the firms would have any impact on anything at all. You're just coming on this thread to say something that adds no value. Throwing out the name Jones Day does nothing.

I could be more helpful yes, but I am alerting people here it is happening. I really don't care what you think. At least two of the firms have such small classes that it actually may be harmful to these students if I list the firm, so I am deciding to not list the names collectively. Whether you believe me or not, I am just informing people it is happening.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
1. Did you apply through the website?
2. Has anyone heard anything from Morgan Lewis's Miami office?
Associate at ML. Our Miami office only has 11 associates, and when I was a summer, there were no SAs from that office. I work in an office over 3 times the size of Miami, and even we don't have a summer program.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone besides this joker actually provide the name of a firm that is doing Pre-OCI interviews/callbacks?
Skadden DC. Not sure if there have been callbacks already, but they've sent out some screener invites.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:37 am

I've gotten responses from a number of firms, mostly negative since I have a low GPA at a T14. I got one interview from a big firm in D.C., but it is not yet scheduled - so the interest was lost, or the firm is just slow. I've coffee/phone calls of course, which may or may not help down the road.

Having a low GPA sucks.

I'm not listing the firm name for privacy. It's ranked in v15.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:18 am

Applied to Morgan Lewis NY a few days ago and already got a ding.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:I've gotten responses from a number of firms, mostly negative since I have a low GPA at a T14. I got one interview from a big firm in D.C., but it is not yet scheduled - so the interest was lost, or the firm is just slow. I've coffee/phone calls of course, which may or may not help down the road.

Having a low GPA sucks.

URM?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've gotten responses from a number of firms, mostly negative since I have a low GPA at a T14. I got one interview from a big firm in D.C., but it is not yet scheduled - so the interest was lost, or the firm is just slow. I've coffee/phone calls of course, which may or may not help down the road.

Having a low GPA sucks.

URM?
No - haha not even close to URM. But I did express in a specific practice area which was listed within my school’s career site as one the firm expressly hired for this year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:34 pm

How we doin how we doin

yyyuppp

Bronze

Post by yyyuppp » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:01 pm

people were naming what firms were doing pre-OCI interviews left and right in threads from the last few years, and it was really helpful http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=279085.

firms don't really give a shit. its not like you guys are getting super secret, double-probation interviews. theyre interviewing alot of people. and they also dont read this stuff anyways.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:47 pm

alright has anyone gotten an offer anywhere or what. Let's start talking people

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:alright has anyone gotten an offer anywhere or what. Let's start talking people
+1

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:39 pm

SullCrom CB

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:29 pm

I'm trying to pre-OCI a firm (Morgan Lewis NY) that I interviewed with during the 1L diversity hiring, but ultimately did not end up choosing for location preferences (notified them I was no longer interested after getting an offer at another firm, so don't actually know if they would have extended an offer to me anyway). Do you think that this would help or hurt me? // Do you think that having interviewed for the 1L diversity positions bears any positive or negative weight in the 2L hiring process generally? I know that some places like Skadden will move people directly to callbacks, but I'm not sure if that is the general practice, or Skadden is an exception.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm trying to pre-OCI a firm (Morgan Lewis NY) that I interviewed with during the 1L diversity hiring, but ultimately did not end up choosing for location preferences (notified them I was no longer interested after getting an offer at another firm, so don't actually know if they would have extended an offer to me anyway). Do you think that this would help or hurt me? // Do you think that having interviewed for the 1L diversity positions bears any positive or negative weight in the 2L hiring process generally? I know that some places like Skadden will move people directly to callbacks, but I'm not sure if that is the general practice, or Skadden is an exception.
How in god's name will the answer to this question affect your decision making?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”