Questions to ask in your associate review Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
POA

New

Questions to ask in your associate review

Post by POA » Fri May 18, 2018 4:34 pm

Junior big law corporate associate with my review meeting in a few weeks. What, if anything, do you ask about when the partner(s) are done giving you an overview of your reviews? I feel like when I am asked, "so... do you have any questions?" I never really have anything to ask about.

oblig.lawl.ref

Bronze

Re: Questions to ask in your associate review

Post by oblig.lawl.ref » Sat May 19, 2018 12:54 am

What are your plans to keep up with the rising cost of law school? Many people are talking about the new york firms increasing first year associate salaries to $200K...

Betharl

Bronze

Post by Betharl » Sat May 19, 2018 10:50 am

How much time do I have left on the website?

Wait, Wot?

redsox550

Post by redsox550 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:45 pm

POA wrote:Junior big law corporate associate with my review meeting in a few weeks. What, if anything, do you ask about when the partner(s) are done giving you an overview of your reviews? I feel like when I am asked, "so... do you have any questions?" I never really have anything to ask about.
Something about what type of things you arnt doing now but she be capable of doing by this time next year.

Can ask (some might say bad question) how your level of experience / capabilities matches up to other X (insert your class year) year lawyers

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”