Should I Leave V10? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Should I Leave V10?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 16, 2018 7:52 am

Hi all - second year at V10 with an offer to leave for lit boutique in nyc. Pay is the same and roster of partners are amazing. I don’t mind my firm but looking down the pike am worried about not being able to move later on (not that it’s clear you can do so from my current firm either). What are the downsides to jumping boutique?

Lacepiece23

Silver

Re: Should I Leave V10?

Post by Lacepiece23 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hi all - second year at V10 with an offer to leave for lit boutique in nyc. Pay is the same and roster of partners are amazing. I don’t mind my firm but looking down the pike am worried about not being able to move later on (not that it’s clear you can do so from my current firm either). What are the downsides to jumping boutique?
I don't really see any in litigation, unless you are scared of substantive work. Lit exit options are more litigation anyway, might as well start building skills and making yourself valuable.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed May 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Agree with the above post. Key in litigation is responsibility, and key to more responsibility is working closely with litigation partners. The more contact with partners, the more you will understand litigation strategies. Boutique firm in litigation may be a wise move for you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Thank you for the responses. I was ready to accept before reading "nickelanddime's" post on his experiences at a boutique. Freaked me out to hear the limited options a HYS-grad w/ District Court clerkship had (ended up moving out of his primary market) coming from a boutique that sounds similar to the model of the one I have an offer from.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”