State AG Honors Programs (Entry Level Fellowships)— Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
vitaminddeficiency

New

State AG Honors Programs (Entry Level Fellowships)—

Post by vitaminddeficiency » Tue May 15, 2018 12:08 am

I'm a rising 3L looking to apply to them. I'm particularly interested in the Massachusetts program, but I'm looking into all of them. Does anyone have advice, experiences, or "insider" knowledge they'd be willing to share? :D Brownie points (and potentially actual brownies) if you'd be willing to chat with me briefly. 8)

Anonymous User

Re: State AG Honors Programs (Entry Level Fellowships)—

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 15, 2018 8:28 pm

vitaminddeficiency wrote:I'm a rising 3L looking to apply to them. I'm particularly interested in the Massachusetts program, but I'm looking into all of them. Does anyone have advice, experiences, or "insider" knowledge they'd be willing to share? :D Brownie points (and potentially actual brownies) if you'd be willing to chat with me briefly. 8)
Ask a q on here about MA AG fellowship and it’s possibke I’d be able to answer. In order to preserve anonymity, though, I would not be amenable to chatting.

Anonymous User

Re: State AG Honors Programs (Entry Level Fellowships)—

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 15, 2018 11:40 pm

I externed at state AG office for the past year (mid-Atlantic state). One of my supervising attorneys asked me about a 3L from my school who interviewed for the office’s Honors program. Their one concern was that this person seemed overly-focused on how the experience would benefit him/her professionally, while they are looking for someone with real dedication to public service. I know this is pretty obvious, but I think it important enough to reiterate that an honest passion for the work and a desire to stick around for awhile is a major factor in this setting (especially given the rather meager pay).

Also, I know it’s not what you asked, but I loved working at my state AG’s office. The states are doing a lot to resist all the crooked shit going on at the federal level right now, and I felt really good about the work I was doing. The attorneys were all very bright and extremely invested in their work. If you’re well-aligned with the MA AG’s policy positions, you could have an amazing career there (though in my state the AG is an elected official, so if the same is true in MA, the culture could certainly change). I’m working at a private firm this summer, but somewhere down the line I’d love to land in a state DAG gig.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”