Job posting gone? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Job posting gone?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 04, 2018 10:45 pm

I have a big law interview in a week. I noticed they removed the job posting for the position before my interview.

Any need for concern here? The interview is still on. Maybe I’m just such an outstanding applicant that they don’t need to interview anyone else? :lol:

Anonymous User

Re: Job posting gone?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 04, 2018 11:02 pm

No, they probably just hit the maximum number of applications they were going to take.

They're not going to waste their time interviewing people they don't have an opening for.

NYCounsel

New

Re: Job posting gone?

Post by NYCounsel » Sat May 05, 2018 6:37 pm

Curious to hear how the interview goes - hopefully well.

Personally, I'd be shooketh if the job posting was gone before my interview, because in my experience in support staff roles pre-law school, doing and seeing the background work for this stuff, the job post doesn't come down until it's filled. There's no guarantee any given candidate is of such a quality that you don't need to keep it open, although there are sometimes exceptions. Maybe you really are one of em. Also, FWIW, wasn't working in biglaw and even that isn't definitive one way or the other, so could work out.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”