Legal recruiters Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Legal recruiters

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:33 pm

How do you all feel about legal recruiters? I am employed; however, I may want to link up with one just so I know what is going on in the market and who is looking.

I am always being contacted by them but always hesitate to trust them.

Can you recommend any good/competent legal recruiters?

Thanks all.

Anonymous User

Re: Legal recruiters

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:49 pm

I found my current position through a recruiter, The PeterSan Group (whom I found on Craigslist of all places). I also know a few friends who have or currently are working with them. They were absolutely wonderful, but at different times during my search I had worked with a few duds. Recruiters are pretty hit or miss IMO.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I found my current position through a recruiter, The PeterSan Group (whom I found on Craigslist of all places). I also know a few friends who have or currently are working with them. They were absolutely wonderful, but at different times during my search I had worked with a few duds. Recruiters are pretty hit or miss IMO.
Did you lateral? What market (before/after)? And how did this company differentiate itself from the other recruiters you have worked with?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I found my current position through a recruiter, The PeterSan Group (whom I found on Craigslist of all places). I also know a few friends who have or currently are working with them. They were absolutely wonderful, but at different times during my search I had worked with a few duds. Recruiters are pretty hit or miss IMO.
Did you lateral? What market (before/after)? And how did this company differentiate itself from the other recruiters you have worked with?
Yes, I lateraled from a small firm to one with 150+ attorneys. I'm still in the same NY/NJ market. What impressed me about these recruiters is that they were attentive, actually took the time to figure out what I wanted to do, and were realistic about where they wanted to try to place me. Some of the others were either trying to submit me to places that would have been better for them than me. They also followed through; I didn't have to chase them down for updates or next steps. They really took care of everything from my initial application to setting up my interviews to my salary negotiation.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:39 pm

Op here... thanks for the replies. To clarify, this is for nj/ny market.

Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”