Super Lawyers / Rising Stars - How valuable, and how to get? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Super Lawyers / Rising Stars - How valuable, and how to get?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:39 pm

How does one get awarded Super Lawyers or Rising Stars by Thompson Reuters? I mean, I read about the nomination and vetting process, but what does it REALLY take?

Some of the recipients at my firm frankly surprised me. Is it a very valuable recognition to receive?

jimmythecatdied6

Bronze

Re: Super Lawyers / Rising Stars - How valuable, and how to get?

Post by jimmythecatdied6 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Get connected with the Bar in a flyover state. Do above median work. Receive recognition. Profit?

dudders

Bronze

Re: Super Lawyers / Rising Stars - How valuable, and how to get?

Post by dudders » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:51 pm

I always heard it just costs you a bunch of $$$.

As an attorney, I think it's worthless. The only "super lawyer" in my field in my area hasn't taken a case in a decade, he just profits off his underlings. So I have nothing good to say about their methodology. That being said, I work for the government and I don't have to drum up clients, so I can't say if it's valuable if you, like most lawyers, need clients.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”