Corporate Summer Associate Questions Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
my prole called life

New

Corporate Summer Associate Questions

Post by my prole called life » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:56 pm

I''ll be a summer associate in a month working for a V5 in NYC in their corporate department. What kind of work should i expect to see? How time sensitive will the work be? since there is a strong divide between corporate and litigation, should i expect to do much legal research and writing? I have absolutely no idea what to expect -- any people want to share their experiences?

Anonymous User

Re: Corporate Summer Associate Questions

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:14 pm

I split b/w corporate and lit. For corporate, the work was not very substantive (it can't really be since so much corporate stuff is taught on the job). Assignments: signature pages, reviewing board minutes from corporations, sitting in on calls when boards of directors would call a partner to talk about an issue, read over a merger agreement (just to know what it is, nothing to actually do beside look for typos).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:I split b/w corporate and lit. For corporate, the work was not very substantive (it can't really be since so much corporate stuff is taught on the job). Assignments: signature pages, reviewing board minutes from corporations, sitting in on calls when boards of directors would call a partner to talk about an issue, read over a merger agreement (just to know what it is, nothing to actually do beside look for typos).
Can I ask for an explanation of signature pages — what the actual work regarding them is? I read about them all the time but they’re always mentioned in passing and not actually explained.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I split b/w corporate and lit. For corporate, the work was not very substantive (it can't really be since so much corporate stuff is taught on the job). Assignments: signature pages, reviewing board minutes from corporations, sitting in on calls when boards of directors would call a partner to talk about an issue, read over a merger agreement (just to know what it is, nothing to actually do beside look for typos).
Can I ask for an explanation of signature pages — what the actual work regarding them is? I read about them all the time but they’re always mentioned in passing and not actually explained.
This thread might be enlightening:
http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 3&t=287378

my prole called life

New

Post by my prole called life » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
This thread might be enlightening:
http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 3&t=287378
tytyty

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”