Asking for 1 week office transfer as a Summer Associate Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
oranger

New

Re: Asking for 1 week office transfer as a Summer Associate

Post by oranger » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:45 pm

Lol. If you end up doing this, please update us and let us know what happened.

onionz

Bronze

Post by onionz » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:05 pm

Here's a question. My firm has a Moscow office and summers are allowed to split their summer there. Why not ask to spend more than a week and actually split and work there if it's that important to you?

taco bell breakfast

New

Post by taco bell breakfast » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:05 pm

onionz wrote:Here's a question. My firm has a Moscow office and summers are allowed to split their summer there. Why not ask to spend more than a week and actually split and work there if it's that important to you?
Hey onionz - was looking through some old posts and saw that you successfully negotiated with Northwestern for more scholarship $ after 1L. I don't think there's a way to PM on this site anymore but was hoping to ask you a bit about that somehow. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:43 pm

So did you end up attending the World Cup or not dude?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:19 pm

Bump. C'mon kid, give us an update.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bump. C'mon kid, give us an update.
A firm that would allow this would definitely get some attention from me for OCI haha

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:
KM2016 wrote:I know you said you're serious, but I still have a hunch this is a flame. In the event you're serious, yikes. Probably one of the dumbest ideas I've seen on TLS.
Haha 100% serious. I had a hunch this was how people would react and that this would be ridiculous to try to even pull off. But on the other side soccer is just bigger than life for me. And for billions of people around the world. I've watched the world cup every single time since I was a kid and it's always been my dream to go to the world cup. Actually, for most countries other than the US, the world cup is almost like a month-long festival for everyone (at least for countries playing in it). I've spent time outside the US during world cups and it's almost like everything shuts down just for the games. I know team USA didn't make it and people don't like soccer that much in the US... but would it really be THAT ridiculous to skip a week out of 2+ months of the summer to attend a once-every 4 year event?
If you're really committed you'd ask for an offer in the NYC office so you can hit up the 2026 world cup games in the metlife stadium.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:28 pm

I am a junior associate at a top biglaw firm in NYC. I have been a big soccer fan for all of my life. I sometimes take a vacation just to travel and watch European soccer. But even I would look at this idea of going to Russia unfavoravly and would not have a good opinion of you. I love soccer but work is definitely more important than soccer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So did you end up attending the World Cup or not dude?
???? C'mon OP. Are you not answering because you are in fact at the games?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”