Am I being ghosted by an international firm for 1L SA? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
franksmith6

New

Am I being ghosted by an international firm for 1L SA?

Post by franksmith6 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:51 pm

1L here. International firm in Asia (not a US-based firm) reached out to me 16 days ago with an offer for an internship. They asked for my availability. I responded that day with the dates I will be available this summer. I basically said that I am pumped (but didn't actually accept—they said they'd send me more info like salary/wage + how the visa works once I got back to them). Radio silence since then. I even sent a follow-up a few days ago (Sunday) and still have not heard anything back. My career services advisor said that they only advertised this job at my law school and that none of the other students at my school have heard back from them as far as the career services office knows. My advisor seems pretty optimistic that the firm is just handling stuff and isn't ignoring me on purpose...

This is my #1 choice for a summer job since it would be cool to get firm work, be abroad, and it's pretty much my last shot at even a meager wage since I struck out at US firms. I need to tell the other positions that have sent me offers whether or not I will accept theirs soon. My intuition tells me to be worried and to keep applying/interviewing to other jobs in case this doesn't work out, but that would be a huge waste of time if I am just being paranoid.

Should I email them a third time in a row and just tell them that I'm ready to accept? Should I keep waiting? If so, how long do I wait? Thanks.

RCSOB657

Gold

Re: Am I being ghosted by an international firm for 1L SA?

Post by RCSOB657 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:25 am

It sounds like they have multple applicants. Without knowing who they are or what this 'offer' actually said, you have no choice but to wait and assume you didn't get selected.

Neff

Bronze

Post by Neff » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:09 am

If "international" as in multinational or magic circle, you're probably okay, but if international as in regional firm in Papua New Guinea, probably not.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:38 am

Be careful, human trafficking is real

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”