Hilton Corporate Legal Internship? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Hilton Corporate Legal Internship?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Does anyone here have any info on the hiring process/work at Hilton corporate for their legal internship? As in, what were your interviews like? How many interviews did you have? How long did the process take altogether? Was there a drug test/background check? What type of work did you do? Were you paid, and if so how much? Etc.

Anonymous User

Re: Hilton Corporate Legal Internship?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:22 pm

Have you heard back from them?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:53 am

The interview is with two VPs in the legal department. Mine was over the phone because I don't live in DC. There may have been a screener interview prior to the VP interviews. I don't recall if there was a drug test. I doubt it. Don't recall the hiring timeline. The pay was $25 an hour which is also what the MBA interns made. There is generally only one legal intern. You work in different areas of the legal department. I thought the work was a little slow and actual day to day work boring. They won't hire you. They have never hired an intern and you won't be the first so don't even expect an offer. They offer activities throughout the summer. Like a baseball outing, tour of a hotel property, summer outing at the CEOs summer house. The program is better then nothing if you want to spend a summer in DC and work for a brand name company but the program won't turn into a full time gig. I tried asking for some of the firms law firm contacts so I can try to get an interview as an Associate.However, that didn't go anywhere either so don't think networking with the law firm contacts is a 100 percent viable option and avenue.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have you heard back from them?
I have - for what I can only assume is the "final" interivew

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The interview is with two VPs in the legal department. Mine was over the phone because I don't live in DC. There may have been a screener interview prior to the VP interviews. I don't recall if there was a drug test. I doubt it. Don't recall the hiring timeline. The pay was $25 an hour which is also what the MBA interns made. There is generally only one legal intern. You work in different areas of the legal department. I thought the work was a little slow and actual day to day work boring. They won't hire you. They have never hired an intern and you won't be the first so don't even expect an offer. They offer activities throughout the summer. Like a baseball outing, tour of a hotel property, summer outing at the CEOs summer house. The program is better then nothing if you want to spend a summer in DC and work for a brand name company but the program won't turn into a full time gig. I tried asking for some of the firms law firm contacts so I can try to get an interview as an Associate.However, that didn't go anywhere either so don't think networking with the law firm contacts is a 100 percent viable option and avenue.
Sounds about what I expected. Did you enjoy the internship overall? In later interviews with firms/businesses, did they look upon the internship on your resume favorably?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:31 pm

The internship was okay. Nothing special. Easy job, easy summer. Employers did not care too much. I guess it is how you pitch it. They really only care about grades.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The internship was okay. Nothing special. Easy job, easy summer. Employers did not care too much. I guess it is how you pitch it. They really only care about grades.
How quickly did you hear back from phone interview to offer?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”