IP Journal for Tech Trans? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

IP Journal for Tech Trans?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:32 pm

Would having a role on a lower t-14 IP journal be good for someone interested in tech trans work for OCI? Other than doing marketing for startups during my years in-between undergrad and law school, my resume does not say much about tech.

Anonymous User

Re: IP Journal for Tech Trans?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:15 pm

Wouldn't hurt, but also wouldn't be super impactful in a hiring decision. Grades/firm needs are going to be the predominant factors.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:Wouldn't hurt, but also wouldn't be super impactful in a hiring decision. Grades/firm needs are going to be the predominant factors.
Busting my ass on the grades front, but am looking for any possible advantage, especially over other median candidates. Think it's worth the work of a two year commitment?

Bla Bla Bla Blah

Bronze

Post by Bla Bla Bla Blah » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:41 am

I'm only recently in IP with a firm, but I can tell you that being on the Criminal Law Journal for my school did help my initial goal of becoming a public defender. From simply a logical point, the more points that you can put on your resume that demonstrate an interest in issues of Intellectual Property or tech, the better. Since many IP attorneys are interested in tech or are tech guys, many people who follow issues of IP will be in your field. That journal alone will keep you informed on interesting issues that your interviewers may be queued into, hence more talking points, hence better discussions, hence getting the job over someone who didn't have interesting topics to discuss with the interviewer. In short: helps more than it hurts... could give you an edge.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”