Leaving firm post-clerkship + conflict checks Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Leaving firm post-clerkship + conflict checks

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:14 pm

Just accepted an offer for post-clerkship employment - I have two questions for the board:

1. What is proper etiquette to let the firm I summered at during 2L know that I will not be accepting their offer?

2. How should conflict checks be handled? I remember most of the matters I worked on during 2L but am not sure if it is 100% complete. Is it appropriate for me to email my 2L firm for a list of matters I worked on?

Anonymous User

Re: Leaving firm post-clerkship + conflict checks

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:16 am

As to 1, thats a personal decision. You know what's best. Don't burn a bridge and just say it straight up. Easiest to recruiting department, IMO.

As to 2, I just had t do this but had multiple years of experience so had a robust amount of matters. I got a spreadsheet from my old firm and it wasn't a big deal at all.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”