New York Law Department - Tort Division Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

New York Law Department - Tort Division

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:50 am

Hi,

I have a panel interview with the New York Law Department. Any idea what sort of questions they ask? Timeframe for an offer?

Thanks.

omar1

Bronze

Re: New York Law Department - Tort Division

Post by omar1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:33 am

Is this the first round interview?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hi,

I have a panel interview with the New York Law Department. Any idea what sort of questions they ask? Timeframe for an offer?

Thanks.
Doesn't answer your question, but I had a screener with them last Friday. What's the turn around for a panel interview?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:30 am

Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:04 pm

Bump

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:28 pm

The second round interview usually consists of an interview with two senior attorneys from other divisions, they'll ask you in depth about your writing sample, things on your resume, and why you want to work at the NYCLD and specifically which divisions. Then you'll meet with a junior attorney with pretty much the same questions.

The third round is usually meeting with someone from Recruitment and then someone in charge of the division they want to place you in.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The second round interview usually consists of an interview with two senior attorneys from other divisions, they'll ask you in depth about your writing sample, things on your resume, and why you want to work at the NYCLD and specifically which divisions. Then you'll meet with a junior attorney with pretty much the same questions.

The third round is usually meeting with someone from Recruitment and then someone in charge of the division they want to place you in.
OP here. I did the second round interview, but I never met with a junior attorney. Am I boned?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”